WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello, i need help with indentification on this pocket watches, they are pretty old, the case is solid gold (dont know if 14k or 18k, bit dented yep), from what i can see even most of the inside parts are made out of gold (or at least they are gold plated?). the number in the inside says 76904 and there is something written before the number, but i dont know what it means (it is included in the pictures) i do apologize for the quality of some of these photos, i am no photographer, i tried to include everything important.

http://imgur.com/a/Jzb5V

·
Registered
18,163 Posts
It appears to be a Swiss movement. These were pretty generic in this era with few marks to indicate who assembled it. It appears to be in great condition :) I can not see any hallmarks to indicate purity but I suspect it is solid gold.

Nice find! :)

·
Vint. Forum Co-Moderator
3,623 Posts
It's a nice case but I'm not convinced that it is solid gold. The style of the watch might suggest 1910 - 1920 and I'm pretty sure that the Swiss would have been hallmarking a solid gold case at that point. I suspect that like the movement the case is plated.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks guys! it may be that the case is plated. care to guess how much would such pocket watches be approximately worth?

·
Vint. Forum Co-Moderator
3,623 Posts
We don't provide valuations or even guesses here (please see Stickies for detailed reasons why). I'd suggest a browse of completed listings on eBay for similar watches. Unless the case actually is gold, the value is likely to be minimal.

·
Registered
18,163 Posts
The inside of the lid should have hallmarks which indicate if the watch is solid or plated gold. I did not see that view. If there are no hallmarks, it is not solid gold.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts