WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Which Core would you choose to round out the collection?

• Light Green

Votes: 13 43.3%
  • Light Black

Votes: 17 56.7%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As you can see, I have one more parking spot for one more Suunto. Leaning either towards light green model, light black model...Which would you choose not taking the extra $100 for the light black into account?

·
Registered
392 Posts
Light black...you need one that has a different looking band!

Bit more dressy and not as integrated, sporty...my 2 cents for you!

Ive got the same yellow/black, and just ordered and orange/black so I can customize the band.

·
Registered
14,018 Posts
I'm going to be different and vote for the light green. I think you could use some more color in the mix!

Great collection by the way!

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
What color vector is that? I would vote light green if you didn't already have the yellow/black. Since you do though, I say light black.

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What color vector is that? I would vote light green if you didn't already have the yellow/black. Since you do though, I say light black.
The Vector on the left is foliage green...very cool, understated color.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
On second thought, why not get a MIL X-Lander?

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
$350 if you dont shop around. You can find them for 279$ and even less with a little searching. Paying more for the aluminum casing and mineral crystal glass in a different watch makes more sense to me than having two of the exact same watch only different colors, but to each his own.

$350 for what is essentially a Vector? Naaaahhhhh. I'll pass.

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
$350 if you dont shop around. You can find them for 279$ and even less with a little searching. Paying more for the aluminum casing and mineral crystal glass in a different watch makes more sense to me than having two of the exact same watch only different colors, but to each his own.
How does the X-lander differ from the Vector in terms of functionality? Otherwise, the items you mention are cosmetic (and I already have 3 Vector-based watches as you can see).

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
If your talking "module" funcionality I don't think there is much difference if any, although I am certainly no Suunto expert. That question would be better for JeffC. I can however argue that both case and crystal material constitute functionality differences, not just merely cosmetic.

·
Registered
493 Posts
I'd recommend that you have a look at the X9i. It really is a great combination of features in addition to having GPS.
Given what you've commented on in other posts as to your likes and dislikes, it could well be your ideal combination ;-)

·
Registered
46 Posts
Dude,

Maybe both! Especially at the price they are going for now :-! Maybe not just the light green, cause I own it and thought about it long and hard as well. I went with it cause you can not see the green unless you are absolutely loking for it. Otherwise I bet it was designed in that colour so that the eye doesn't pick it up at all once your vision is focused on the screen.
Okay, that's quite a stretch to think they designed it that way. However let me tell ya for the way it is it couldn't be better on the eye. The bezel is tastfully finished aluminum and, contrary to popular belief, the buttons are NOT plastic but the same aluminum casting as the bezel. The black casing is finished well enought that with a 'change of strap' I don't think you would ever notice that it is plastic. Thank God they faced it with Mineral Glass, it really does add to the overall durability. Even though the mineral glass face on my old watch was perfect and didn't have a scratch on it, after accidentally smashing it off a rock face, the watch inside was beyond reasonable repair.

Don't ask what kind of watch it was...o| I should not have been 'sporting' it out that day!

·
Registered
14,018 Posts
But you know, I kind of like the synthetic crystals like on the Vector. Yeah, the scratch a lot easier, but they can be polished with Poly watch or Brasso and look brand new!

I know its a trade off... but I see advantages to both.

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
paduncan,

I sent you a private message.
I received it...just bought a sleeping bag and a bunch of other winter camping gear, and have to lay down multiple deposits for an upcoming wedding...so I am out of the market (for now). :)

·
Registered
669 Posts
How does the X-lander differ from the Vector in terms of functionality? Otherwise, the items you mention are cosmetic (and I already have 3 Vector-based watches as you can see).

The military X-Lander has the 'Stinger Pushers' that can be operated underwater!! A huge advantage for the X:-!

·
Registered
77 Posts
I'd like to vote for the all-black Observer. I didn't see this watch very often in this forum. I don'y no the price.
Great collection , very very nice watches ;-)

I vote for the lite black

1 - 20 of 22 Posts