WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello all,

I know I don't have much of a history here, but believe me, I've spent hours looking at this site for different ideas (Russian watches, panda chronos, Japanese chronos, etc.) so I have some lurking under my belt.

Anyhow, I was hoping I could get some help getting a nice dress chrono with the following criteria:

• dress chrono
  • $500 - $1000
  • Quartz or Automatic (Automatic preferred)
  • 36 - 40mm
  • Square pushers
  • Gold or silver body

A few have come close, like the Strela 3133 and some various older ones on eBay, but I'd prefer to try and get something more modern. It's usually the movement or a lack of square pushers that have killed some of the better suggestions I've seen. If you think vintage is the only way to go, let me know and I'll gladly take suggestions!

Thanks.

·
Registered
5,833 Posts
Hi Vorsprung!
When you say 'square' pushers, do you mean parallel-sided like these on the 1963

or actual square ones like these on the Volmax Patriot?

or indeed thin flat ones like on my Strela?

I've owned 1&3, would recommend both as dressy chronos (I'm quite casual, but more sober straps really dress these two up)
I've looked at 2, a bit thick for me. Arktika has fairly recently got one, check out his pics

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
I have these two, if that's the style of pushers you're looking for.

Both are manual winds with Poljot 3133 derived movements.

Both are great watches, the Patriot is pretty huge, though. Both are a bit thick for dress watches. The 3133 isn't a particularly thin movement, unfortunately. Quartz would probably be the way to go if thickness is an issue.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts