WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. Maybe you guys can help me out. I was thinking of buying a g-shock. Now, i would like the best mudman modell there is, with atomic and solar and if possible made in 2008 or 2009. which one is the best and newest? I got kind of confused between all of them, for example the GW9000A-1 and the G9000MX-8. Which one isbetter and newer, and is newer also better?

Also, about the Frogman. Is it really good, or just a hype because its rare?

Thanks a lot!!!

·
Registered
7,032 Posts
Hi. Maybe you guys can help me out. I was thinking of buying a g-shock. Now, i would like the best mudman modell there is, with atomic and solar and if possible made in 2008 or 2009. which one is the best and newest? I got kind of confused between all of them, for example the GW9000A-1 and the G9000MX-8. Which one isbetter and newer, and is newer also better?

Thanks a lot!!!

GW 9010 is the newest atomic / solar mudman. the GW 9000 is the older model. the G9000 is not atomic or solar but has dual stop watch function very cool.
The Frog is very unique and until you wear one you will not know if it is worth it for you. My thoughts are it is a great G over priced for the functions it has but I love the look and size of it. so if you get a price for close to 250 that would be very good. just my opinion.

You did not mention the Riseman GW 9200 one of the best Gs out now for close to 150 b-) b-)

·
Registered
1,522 Posts

Thanks a lot!!!

Just a quick answer. GW-9000 was released in 2006, feature atomic & solar.

G-9000MX is a colour variant of the G-9000 series. It was released in Feb-Mac 2009, no solar, no atomic.

My suggestion is if you need solar & atomic, go for the GW-9000, if not stick with the standar G-9000, and pick the colour you like best. ;-)

As for Frogman, I do not own one so I don't think it's wise for me to comment on it. :-d:-d:-d:-x:-x

Cheers,
MountainMike

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
I tend to purchase G's that have Tough Solar/Atomic.

Does one really need the Atomic feature, maybe not but it's cool and useful to me. Tough Solar is another discussion but I really like this feature because I don't like to change batteries and from an environmental standpoint I wish all quartz watches could benefit from this. Plus, you can always count on a Tough Solar because you'll never have a dead battery. This is one reason I sold my Suunto. They are battery hogs and my Pathfinder never has to have the battery changed.

Spring for the extra features, I'm sure you won't be sorry.

Good luck

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
The GW-9010 is a good choice. I enjoy mine. Good luck, and post wrist shots once it arrives.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
This one has moved to the top of my "I want list" already- almost got one last week. Good choice!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts