WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I picked up a Bronze/Coffee dial Corgeut BB at the 11/11 Aliexpress sale. Ran great for three days. Then just stopped. Cant get any response from Seller or Aliexpress. Can anyone help ? Should I try a repair or pitch ?

Really looks nice and would like to wear. Is there perhaps an easy fix. I think its the Miyota movement. Thanks !!

·
Registered
316 Posts
Open it up, see what's going on. Post pics - maybe someone can diagnose your watch's condition (wouldn't count on it, though).

·
Mod. Russian, China Mech.
18,500 Posts
So far what you have told us is simply that it is not running. there is no way that any useful repair advise can be offered on that basis.

Your options are:

1. Post photos and precise details over on the Watchmaking forum and hope that it is something that can be diagnosed over the internet.
2. Take it to a local watchmaker for assessment.
3. Put it aside for spare parts or later repairs.
4. Dispose of it.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for feedback. I understand it needs to be diagnosed but I was wondering if anyone had luck in returning items to Aliexpress Sellers and and communication tips. The online chat option are circular and you can not seem to get a live person. The Seller says its up to Aliexprees to address....???

·
Banned
814 Posts
Hi,

I picked up a Bronze/Coffee dial Corgeut BB at the 11/11 Aliexpress sale. Ran great for three days. Then just stopped. Cant get any response from Seller or Aliexpress. Can anyone help ? Should I try a repair or pitch ?

Really looks nice and would like to wear. Is there perhaps an easy fix. I think its the Miyota movement. Thanks !!
I did a Google search of, "how to fix a miyota movement stopped working" and saw some results that might help you including threads from WUS.

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
987 Posts
Thanks for feedback. I understand it needs to be diagnosed but I was wondering if anyone had luck in returning items to Aliexpress Sellers and and communication tips. The online chat option are circular and you can not seem to get a live person. The Seller says its up to Aliexprees to address....???
That sounds very sketchy. It is up to the seller to resolve the issue.
Realize that Corgeut is a "brand" just like Parnis is a "brand". I can easily buy all the parts to make my own Corgeut/Parnis/sterile dial Parnis etc. on Taobao.
There is no consistency of build quality or customer service concerning these "brands". I use quotes because these watches are not made in the conventional sense by actually brands that manufacture their watches like an authentic Tianjin Sea-Gull or Seiko or Nomos. Parts are made, someone buys those parts and makes a watch to sell.

caveat emptor

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That sounds very sketchy. It is up to the seller to resolve the issue.
Realize that Corgeut is a "brand" just like Parnis is a "brand". I can easily buy all the parts to make my own Corgeut/Parnis/sterile dial Parnis etc. on Taobao.
There is no consistency of build quality or customer service concerning these "brands". I use quotes because these watches are not made in the conventional sense by actually brands that manufacture their watches like an authentic Tianjin Sea-Gull or Seiko or Nomos. Parts are made, someone buys those parts and makes a watch to sell.

caveat emptor
Yes - its frustrating.

Anyway- I got the screw back open and poked and prodded. I adjusted the timing mechanism and voila its running again. Gave it a good wind and now about 90 minutes later still going. I really this watch and hoped its all good now. Fingers crossed ! Thanks to all for your help ! PWK

·
Banned
814 Posts
Yes - its frustrating.

Anyway- I got the screw back open and poked and prodded. I adjusted the timing mechanism and voila its running again. Gave it a good wind and now about 90 minutes later still going. I really this watch and hoped its all good now. Fingers crossed ! Thanks to all for your help ! PWK
Frustration is paying 3x as much for a Seiko only to realize their qc has gotten so poor they can no longer align things properly. I would rather take my chances with a China manafacturer.

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
987 Posts
Yes - its frustrating.

My pleasure. I am glad to hear you got it running again.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts