WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good afternoon, gentlemen,
Recently I bought very nice OMEGA pocket watch. But at Dr.Roland Ranfft source I couldn't find a movement like mine. It's 34mm in diameter. I'll be very appreciated for any information concerning this watch. Year? Value? Historical interest?
Thank you!

3747250264.jpg

3747250264_1.jpg

3747250264_3.jpg

·
Registered
5,315 Posts
If the serial number is to be believed, it's from around mid 20's. But that's not it's original case to begin with, and doens't look like the right size for it. But I'm skeptical; that style of click isn't something I've ever seen on an omega. I'm also curious about the extra screws on the movement; there's one beside the balance cock, and another beside the ratchet wheel.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes! I'm also in a deep thought about these two screws... I'll get this movement in a couple of days and I'm going to explore what for they are there. The case obviously belonged to Molnija pocket watch.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Enrico, thanks God you keep helping me! It's very useful tip, thanks! However, I've googled OMEGA 35M and there have been no information about this caliber. Is it so rare?!

Update.

Yes, It is rare. To be more precise it is 35ML caliber. The It was manufactured in the middle of 20-s (1924 or 1929?) and there were produced 3000 pieces only. It is very slim and has 16 jewels. It is gen. dial here. I've found some information about the movement like this here and here

And here's a detailed picture:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts