WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
  • Hello WatchUSeek! We are hosting an Ask Me Anything with Ian Schon of Schon Horology and Schon DSNG beginning on Tuesday, February 23rd at Noon, EST and closing on Thursday, February 25th at Noon EST. If you don't know of him, Ian is a desginer maker and was a senior product designer at IDEO. He is an engineer, designer and machinist who manufacturers his own watches, and also pens! If you've ever wanted to ask a question directly to a one-man watch maker, don't miss out! You can find the AMA here.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Moderator G-Shock Forum
21,587 Posts
Hi Bel_Air,

Actually I saw a used white face DW-6100 go for a low price a few days ago on eBay Germany. I think it's a European model, since you don't see them in the US. I don't see them quiet often, but I think quiet a lot of those were sold in Germany. It's only an old model, so not many appear on the market I guess.
The DW-6900 is a nice model. I have one myself. This is mine, but the pictures of that seller are closer how the watch looks than mine.

Cheers,

Sjors

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Sjors.I saw that white DW-6100.But I want new watch.So do you think that 80$ is expensive for that DW-6900RC.What about the battery.Do you know how old is that watch?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Could you tell me is that DW-6900RC with a mineral glass?I really liked that model and I;m thinking of buying it.Please tell me is it good model?And what do you think about that price?
It is 80$.Thanks

·
Moderator G-Shock Forum
21,587 Posts
Hi Bel-Air,

The Clubstile models were released October 2005. I believe I have seen them cheaper in the past. Note with shipping it will be almost $105.-. I think I paid just around 65% of that price...

Maybe you'll find this model with other eBay sellers cheaper. I don't know if this model is stil sold. Often a certain model is offered for low prices for a perios of time and then disapear, like the G-Python, Legendary Pride and this model.

Cheers,

Sjors

·
Registered
233 Posts
Could you tell me is that DW-6900RC with a mineral glass?I really liked that model and I;m thinking of buying it.Please tell me is it good model?And what do you think about that price?
It is 80$.Thanks
All g-shocks have mineral glass, as far as I know.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi Sjors,

I have been looking for a cheaper dw-6900 clubstyle,but I just can't find anything.I think that 100$(with shipping) are quite a lot so I've dacided to go with something cheaper.I like the 6900 look but I do not reaaly like the colorways.I like the dw-8400 too but they are expensive.I like black watches with white.I like the dw 6900 clubstyle because its different.Please tell me a Gee that is solid and looks like that old big gees.Can you show me all the dw-6900 colorways because I just can find them.Thanks

Cheers

·
Registered
3 Posts
I would be wary of that ebay seller (hongkong watches) for now. I ordered a japan only 6900 a week ago and he shipped me the wrong item. It was nice of him to inform me of the mixup as soon as he found out, but now it seems he has no plans of reimbursing me for the return shipping to him. I'm still waiting to hear back from him but so far he has been ignoring my emails regarding the return shipping. Hopefully he gets back to me on Monday about that. If he refuses to pay for my return shipping then I will have to demand a full refund and just eat the shipping costs.

Has anyone else been through something like this on ebay? I was thinking about refusing delivery so that they could just ship it back to him without me spending more money. But I'm worried he might try to say that I never sent the item back to him, as I would not have delivery confirmation to prove it. I'm probably just being paranoid, but he has been responding to my emails in a timely manner all the way until I inquired how he would be reimbursing me for the return shipping. Any suggestions?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts