WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone! I was hoping someone here might be able to help. I was at the grocery store today, as I was reaching for my loaf of bread my watch lightly ( I swear it barely touched it) tapped the dang shopping cart and I heard the worst sound in the world! My crystal shattered into a half dozen pieces before me o| ! I believe I have a 6138-8039, the "John Player Special" watch. Does anyone by chance, have a spare NOS crystal they might want to sell?? (hope its ok to ask this here, if not, MOD please delete). I believe it is a part number 340W18GN but please correct me if Im wrong. Thank you ahead of time for any help, wanted to check here before I jump on the 'bay and take my chances with one in Thailand or the Philippines or ?? :-d
14354197934_53d1eeeb7f_z.jpg

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Just had a quick look on eBay and there's quite a few "NOS" crystals on there available..

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just had a quick look on eBay and there's quite a few "NOS" crystals on there available..
Yeah, I saw those. Alot from the Philippines and UK, wanted to avoid out of U.S and wanted to see if any fellow members here, which I trust more, would have one. If all else fails, that will be my next stop, though. Thanks

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
One of the users on eBay i came across was "Seikosis" which i'm pretty sure is a member here.. or one one or two of the Seiko boards. I've seen the name around..

Reactions: ChilinInTime

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok, so I ended up getting an aftermarket crystal from a guy here in Cali off of the bay. I have to say, the quality is excellent, nice tight fit and the crystal is nice and clear, looks exactly like the original. Better yet, got it for under $20 including shipping and arrived in a couple of days. SO, im happy again and my Seiko looks oh so good. Thanks everyone! This thread is completed, I will leave up in case anyone else has this issue, message me if you want the sellers info. Thanks!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts