WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so I thought I was done when I got my gw5600bcj, or at least done with G-shocks for a while. But alas, I have just ordered a Traser 6500. I love the tritium vials, and the look of the watch in general. It looks like a real beater. I've heard pretty good things about it, too, and for $99 I think it's a great deal. Someone help before I start buying the watches I REALLY want, like the Stowa airman!

·
Registered
4,619 Posts
I think you can be pardoned for buying the Traser, as no G-Shock has tritium vials. ;-) I bought a cheap Uzi for the tritium. The reason I chose it over the Traser was the 200m water resistance, but I think that Traser is a much nicer watch.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I gather the Traser's are dive proof but the military only asked for 30m on the dials, this was mentioed earlier today on the forum's, have a search.

Oohh, don't worry about your new addiction, that's how we all start and like every other junkie out there.............your screwed.....LOL.

You'll be lying in wait soon trying to ambush the post man before he delivers your latest honey to for the wife to open, one tip is to ensure you ask sellers NOT to inclose the invoice in with the watch.

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I gather the Traser's are dive proof but the military only asked for 30m on the dials, this was mentioed earlier today on the forum's, have a search.

Oohh, don't worry about your new addiction, that's how we all start and like every other junkie out there.............your screwed.....LOL.

You'll be lying in wait soon trying to ambush the post man before he delivers your latest honey to for the wife to open, one tip is to ensure you ask sellers NOT to inclose the invoice in with the watch.

Actually, it was by lurking around the Mil/Pil forum that I came across the Traser. I don't dive, but I'll swim with it for sure. If I had the money and it didn't have the stupid 'special forces, navy seal' logo on it, I'd like to get an MTM extreme seal watch, as it has tritium, hydro-ed with silicone oil, 12,000m rated...just plain cool.

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Like this one? Treat yourself for Christmas. ;-)

You dirty bugger!:-d That's exactly the one (I love the brown strap, too). My wife, however, would not be pleased; and though I can take her, it would be ugly and the watch might get damaged!

·
Registered
4,883 Posts
Most of us (well at least me) have other brands in their collection other than Gs. Actually from what I can see we G lovers also tend to like automatics.

If it helps I can tell you that after the inital WIS feeling goes away from getting a STOWA you'll quickly realize that G is all you REALLY need. ;-)

But hey, we gotta stuff our drawers with something... LMAO :-d:-!

P.S.

Another hint is to ship your watches to work. That way SHE doesn't get to see the package. This is very popular sport round here... ;)

·
Registered
4,619 Posts
That sounds very unlikely. The Traser 6502 and 6506 are both rated 200m WR. Why would the military want the 6500 to have 30m WR on it's dial? I can't see any reference to water resistance on the dial at all, and it's my understanding that these watches are made to military specs (or near military specs) for the civilian market. It might survive a dive, as there are plenty of stories of 30m rated watches surviving a lot more than a few splashes, but everywhere I've looked, it's rated 30m WR. I did quite a lot of searching on this watch when I was thinking of buying one.

Whatever the case, it's one smart looking watch, and in retrospect I wish I'd gone for this one even with the lesser water resistance.

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That sounds very unlikely. The Traser 6502 and 6506 are both rated 200m WR. Why would the military want the 6500 to have 30m WR on it's dial? I can't see any reference to water resistance on the dial at all, and it's my understanding that these watches are made to military specs (or near military specs) for the civilian market. It might survive a dive, as there are plenty of stories of 30m rated watches surviving a lot more than a few splashes, but everywhere I've looked, it's rated 30m WR. I did quite a lot of searching on this watch when I was thinking of buying one.

Whatever the case, it's one smart looking watch, and in retrospect I wish I'd gone for this one even with the lesser water resistance.
I might wear it swimming, but I'll probably wear my mudman as I like to swim in lakes, etc., and so the extra so-called mud-guard may prove useful for keeping out sand. Though I might also wear my analogue promaster with depth meter...or my 5600? or how about my g-lide???? I think I've too many watches...or not enough?

·
Registered
545 Posts
Ok, so I thought I was done when I got my gw5600bcj, or at least done with G-shocks for a while. But alas, I have just ordered a Traser 6500. I love the tritium vials, and the look of the watch in general. It looks like a real beater. I've heard pretty good things about it, too, and for $99 I think it's a great deal. Someone help before I start buying the watches I REALLY want, like the Stowa airman!

How the other half lives eh?

http://www.traserwatchshop.co.uk/6500.htm $290 !!!

This is slightly better http://www.h3watchshop.co.uk/p/15/traserh3_watches/Traser_H3_Watch_|_Traser_H3_P6500_Navigator_Type_6_Watch.htm $230

I like this version but still damned expensive http://www.discount-chronographs.co.uk/p6508codeblue.htm

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I know, you said. I was showing how we get ripped in the UK
It's funny though, since as I understand it Traser is a european company and Luminox is the american version of the exact same watch. Seems like the traser would be cheaper over there than here, no? Odd. Even with shipping, it would be a lot cheaper to get it from the states.

·
Registered
545 Posts
It's funny though, since as I understand it Traser is a european company and Luminox is the american version of the exact same watch. Seems like the traser would be cheaper over there than here, no? Odd. Even with shipping, it would be a lot cheaper to get it from the states.

Nothing is cheap in this country, why do you think Europeans buy so much when they travel to the states.
I pack a very light suitcase when I come over and buy all the clothes I need etc when I arrive. I just wish that few more sellers on ebay would ship to the UK, ok some will but many that you have to ask have HUGE rates for delivery...too high to make the deal go through to be honest. At least Snap-on tools are cheap even with shipping as metric is a rarity in the US so they don't get bid on very often. I bought a small part set of 3 sockets that even with shipping cost me $25 less than a single one would have cost here in the UK.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Nice one Statius, I think you'll really like your watch. I was impressed with the build of mine when I got it. Only thing you have to watch out for is the crystal - it's not protected by the bezel, and I don't know how hard it is. But it looks good, and it's 'different' to what you see on most people's wrists.

·
Registered
5,160 Posts
It must be catching because I've also been drooling over the H3 watches recently...especially the blue vialed ones. :p

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Man, I just found one on a KHS, bund-style band. Looks great!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts