WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
21 - 40 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
5,130 Posts
Another vote for the ProTrek PRW-50.

For those saying analog/digital watches like this are way too big, I disagree.

The PRW-50 is 42mm across the bezel, and about 50mm lug-to-lug. On a Barton “elite silicone” strap, it fits fine on my 6.5” wrist.

Here’s a comparison with a GW-M5610, a “square” and one of the smallest G-Shocks.

Too big? You tell me.

Solar-powered, atomic clock-syncing, lumed hands and numerals, UV backlight, stopwatch, countdown timer, alarms, second time zone (with handy airport codes for travel), altimeter, barometer, thermometer, and the compass you want. The minute hand moves incrementally six times a minute, and the hour hand every two minutes, so it does a good job of mimicking a traditional analog watch. Seconds hand hits the marks, etc.

I got mine for $220 on Amazon. It went down to $202 after I clicked “order” before going back up. Worth it at $300. Great watch.

Good luck in your search!

·
Registered
268 Posts
I have a GW-9300 for sale at the moment. It's the Japanese version with atomic timekeeping. Atomic timekeeping doesn't work in this part of the world, so....

·
Registered
4,843 Posts
Another vote for the ProTrek PRW-50.

For those saying analog/digital watches like this are way too big, I disagree.

The PRW-50 is 42mm across the bezel, and about 50mm lug-to-lug. On a Barton “elite silicone” strap, it fits fine on my 6.5” wrist.

Here’s a comparison with a GW-M5610, a “square” and one of the smallest G-Shocks.

Too big? You tell me.
Solar-powered, atomic clock-syncing, lumed hands and numerals, UV backlight, stopwatch, countdown timer, alarms, second time zone (with handy airport codes for travel), altimeter, barometer, thermometer, and the compass you want. The minute hand moves incrementally six times a minute, and the hour hand every two minutes, so it does a good job of mimicking a traditional analog watch. Seconds hand hits the marks, etc.

I got mine for $220 on Amazon. It went down to $202 after I clicked “order” before going back up. Worth it at $300. Great watch.

Good luck in your search!
I think it's even worth $400. Of all my Casios... and even my Rolex, Breitling, and Lum-Tecs.... I think the PRW-50 is my true "GADA" watch and the one I'd keep if limited to only one watch. It's darned near perfect!

·
Registered
5,130 Posts
Good choice! It also allows strap changes, as it has conventional lugs that take normal springbars. I tried four or five different ones and settled on the Barton “elite silicone,” which I would recommend to a friend. The strap width for these is 23mm. Barton has a 25% off sale right now (might be ending depending on your time zone).

Interested to hear your impressions when you get it in! I have three ProTreks and it’s my favorite one for sure.

·
Registered
4,843 Posts
I bought the Pro Trek. All the same features as the GW9300 but my preferred Ana-digi and also smaller size. Thank you so much guys and @Racer88, this was exactly what I was looking for. Estimated delivery Dec 28 😭

Let’s hope I can hold out until then for c another purchase…
Awesome! I hope you like it as much as I do! Looking forward to your impressions!

As for holding out on other purchases... well... I may have some bad news for you. If you're like the rest of us... I'll put it this way: My plan was to buy ONE Casio to hold me over while my Rolex and Breitling were both out of commission. That was July 2020. I now have 32 Casios (classic, G-Shock, Pro Trek, Lineage, and Oceanus). A couple of Bulovas. Three Lum-Tecs. And a Seiko.

Sooooooooooo.... hold onto your wallet!

My other addiction is firearms, and most recently down the home built (P80) rabbit hole.

Hell... it could be worse, eh? It's not gambling, alcohol / drugs, or carousing!

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Good choice! It also allows strap changes, as it has conventional lugs that take normal springbars. I tried four or five different ones and settled on the Barton “elite silicone,” which I would recommend to a friend. The strap width for these is 23mm. Barton has a 25% off sale right now (might be ending depending on your time zone).

Interested to hear your impressions when you get it in! I have three ProTreks and it’s my favorite one for sure.
Le sigh…. It looks like I’ll be browsing and buying straps now as well lol.

Do you have any photos of yours on different straps? Leather, different color NATOs, etc?

Also @sinkdrain @Racer88

·
Registered
30 Posts
Le sigh…. It looks like I’ll be browsing and buying straps now as well lol.

Do you have any photos of yours on different straps? Leather, different color NATOs, etc?

Also @sinkdrain @Racer88
It takes 23mm straps so Barton is an excellent choice as they have so many... Their Silicone Elites are fantastic. I purchased a bunch of oem spring bars from pacparts because other brand spring bars effect the compass (if that matters to you). The rubber strap that comes with the prw-50 is outstanding! Here's mine on a combi bracelet...I love the look and the comfort... The bracelet has a sliding micro adjustment.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Is that the same "combi" bracelet used on "squares?" Or a different one? Do tell! It looks really nice! Damn you!
This is the stock bracelet that comes with the prw-50fc. It's branded Casio Protrek on the clasp. This watch is so great that it was worth it for me to track down this specific bracelet. You can quickly adjust the size by sliding a micro adjustment when pushing in the two buttons on the clasp. I love how the end links have small wings that keep them in place so that they have an integrated look. This protrek bracelet is very high quality with a strong metal clasp and lock. The H and tile links look really great and the resin does not scratch at all. The clasp is metal.

·
Registered
30 Posts
While the stock bracelet is absolutely prefect in every way, there is another bracelet that is much easier to get that is very nice. It's called 23mm Black Polyurethane Rubber Link Bracelet on Amazon. It's a replacement band for Luminox watches. It's not nearly as well built but it's very nice and the steel pins in the links add some presence.

21 - 40 of 49 Posts