WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
seeing the movement would definitely helps ...

though if you couldnt find anything on the internet, chances are they're just run of the mill stuff,

nice craftmanship on some of those cases, but Tiffanex seems like a rip off of Tiffany,

back in the days a lot of watch shops sell their pocketwatches with the company's name on the dial but the pocketwatch itself was outsourced (made by different manufacturers)
who knows, you could be lucky, one of them could be housing a Patek or Vacheron Constantin movement

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
For those who don't know, that's an Australian $1 coin. It has a diameter of roughly 1 inch.

That little scaling explanation over...

These watches are in extremely rough shape. As a result I doubt they would be worth very much at all. You'd be looking at a very hefty fee to restore some of these watches. And the fee is only worth it if the watches are special to you in some way, or you intend to wear them or use them.

Age? It varies from the mid-to-late 1800s/early 1900s. Couldn't say any closer than that. So anywhere from...gosh...1840s or 50s up to 1890-1900. But that's a VERY rough guess.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have added some more photos and the movements. I am not able to open some of them (any advice)? Thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi need help. I have just been given as a gift the same watch as the first one tiffanex it was my grandmothers. I have noticed that you could not open this one, did you have any luck finding out any more about it and could you open it?
:)

·
Zenith Forum Co-moderator
17,987 Posts
Welcome to the forum. All I can say about that one is that its small size, lack of seconds hand, style of chain ring and perhaps also the dial indicates to me that it is a modern watch of small size, probably with a modern ladies' watch movement such as the Adolf Schild AS 1977. The back is probably fully detachable (if not, it should have a visible hinge) and if you open it up, you might see something like this inside:

bidfun-db Archiv: Uhrwerke: AS 1977 (=Durowe 1977)

Hartmut Richter

1 - 8 of 8 Posts