WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm new to WUS - first post. I'm looking for a reputable watchmaker in the Inland Empire, California area (I just moved to Rancho Cucamonga). I used to get my watch serviced from an Omega AD/Jeweler in Montrose, Ca. That's too far for me to drive. Looking for someone who has been doing it for a while, with reasonable prices. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

·
Registered
2,798 Posts
Don't know a soul in CA. But know good folks in Texas and Kansas...and USPS/UPS/FedEx goes (almost) everywhere. What do you consider reasonable prices? Do you simply require periodic maintenance or do you have a broken watch? Trust is always an issue...but can you really trust a local shop just because you can walk into it over a qualified shop or individual with good references with whom business is transacted via mail? Feel free to PM with questions. Regards, BG

·
Registered
9,498 Posts
. . . . I'm looking for a reputable watchmaker in the Inland Empire, California area (I just moved to Rancho Cucamonga). . . . .
"Reputable and watchmaker" are terms inextricably linked like "discrete and mistress". While the first is implicit in the second - the reality may be something slightly different. And perspective is everything. If you've only had a bad experience with a particularly watchmaker your evaluation will vary from that of an individual whose experience is the opposite. Credentials from Wostep or AWCI or SAWTA or a Rolex parts account or an Omega advanced training certificate are slight less subjective criteria.

I used to get my watch serviced from an Omega AD/Jeweler in Montrose, Ca. That's too far for me to drive.
That's @ 38 miles as the crow flies. Are you driving a 1974 Pinto (or Vega)? What is the outer limit as to distance that you are willing to drive?

Looking for someone who has been doing it for a while, with reasonable prices.
What are you looking for? 3+ years experience? At least 30 years? What is the model of the watch you have had serviced most recently and what do you think would be a resonable price for a clean/oil/adjust for it?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts