WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi watch aficionados and fellow IWC lovers,

I own an IWC Aquatimer Chronograph 3719 with the rubber band. I've had it for four years and it almost never leaves my wrist-- including during travels on six continents-- and I find the rubber band to be perfect for everyday use without being flashy and drawing too much attention to myself.

I'd love to get an SS bracelet for more formal events; however, IWC is quoting me a $1500 retail price for an SS bracelet. This feels absurd in the context of the watch's price (I bought it through a dealer friend-of-a-friend for ~$3000-3500) and I'd consider just buying an entirely new watch for $3000-4000 given the price!

Do you guys know any better place to get a bracelet? Am I wrong to think there are people out there who have both a rubber and SS bracelet and might be willing to part with the SS for a reasonable price? I asked my friend to ask his dealer friend, and he came back with something in the $1000-1250 range, which still seems like too much!

Let me know if you think of anything. I searched the FS forums here, and continuously check eBay, but nada.

Rob

·
591 Posts
IWC bracelets are expensive, but at least they're nice (older Rolex bracelets are similarly expensive and not very nice). Had you purchased your watch with a bracelet in the first place, it probably would have cost around $1000 more, so it's not like the $1500 is totally unreasonable. The best deal on a bracelet is going to be found on the forums. However, even in used but nice condition, expect to spend around $800. Depending on how many watches share the same bracelet, you may be waiting a really long time for one to show up online. If you can get one new from your buddy for $1000, consider that an extremely good deal.

·
Premium Member
697 Posts
I would agree with JP. IWC bracelets are worth the money in my opinion. Now, is it worth it to you is the question. $1000-1250 is a great price on a SS bracelet. My 3568 bracelet, which I had to purchase separately with the Cousteau, was $1600. Due to history I received it for $1000. I also own a 3548 with bracelet and strap and appreciate the versatility. If you can, spend the thousand and get the bracelet, I can't imagine you'll regret it. Or, spend 3-4 times that and get a new watch. Even when sold pre-owned, an IWC with a bracelet sells for a premium.

JP, Go Blue!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts