WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Can anyone tell me where's the best place to get hold of a Seiko 6306-7001? I really like the look of these and would be interested to know if they can be bought via a restorer.

Are there any modern seiko divers that have day date, automatic and hacking?

Thanks

·
Registered
281 Posts
I'll start this one! The modern Seikos with the 6r15 movement are going to be able to hack and handwind, but usually come with the date only. You can get a unbranded 6r15 (don't worry, it's Seiko) from either Noah, or Jake of DOT Watchworks. Then Randall Benson of 2manywatches can mod it to support the day/date.

When looking for a 6306, you can search for a relatively untouched one through the forum sales, which might test your patience and pocketbook, or you can find something through the trusted sellers from the Philippines on the 'Bay. There, you're going to find cheaper watches, that have been fitted with aftermarket parts, and refinished cases.

Exactly what shape and price range were you planning on? That will really help to narrow it down'

PM if you want! And good luck!

P.S. Be sure and go over old posts, and don't forget about the Buying Guides at the top of the page.:-!

·
Banned
11,612 Posts
Dave's advice is solid, however the info on noah's watch should be elaborated on. This is not a 6306, but rather a modern take on that watch. The case is made to resemble to original 6306/6309 case, but it has noticeable differences. Also it runs on a 6r15, not a 6306 caliber. It's rice has been advertised to be over $700, so it is up to you to determine whether it is worth it for you to buy this piece or spend a similar amount on a fully restored 6306.

Search the Yahoo Japan auctions, you should be able to find an original 6306 there if you do your homework and exercise patience.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts