WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Noob here so go easy . I've been wearing Tag's for 20+ years and so it's time to buy a new one . I'm looking at an AquaRacer 300m WAN 2110 Calibre 5 Automatic, 41mm . I'd like to know if this model suffers from the stripped screw in crown problem that some of the 500m AquaRacer's have had ? Also is this model rugged enough to handle outdoor use ? ( diving, hiking, kayaking, hunting ) It looks rugged but is it rugged ? I wore a Rolex GMT Master through 3 years of Army infantry and the only problem I had was the clasp kept popping open .
Thanks in advance to all that reply .
Nick

·
Registered
546 Posts
Re: Help Needed For AquaRacer WAN 2010 Purchase .

I think you may be referring to the WAN2110. I own the blue WAN2111 and am very pleased with it. The crown is smaller than the 500m so you can't put as much torque on it. I have not heard of any screw down crown issues either. The band is comfortable and solid. Here is a review you might enjoy.

Tag Heuer Aquaracer WAN2110 Review

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

I think you may be referring to the WAN2110. I own the blue WAN2111 and am very pleased with it. The crown is smaller than the 500m so you can't put as much torque on it. I have not heard of any screw down crown issues either. The band is comfortable and solid. Here is a review you might enjoy.

Tag Heuer Aquaracer WAN2110 Review
Thanks for the correction . Yes it's the WAN2110 . I love the Submariner look but I want it to be rugged too .

·
Registered
639 Posts

Whenever I read stories about the stripped crowns on 500m's, I wonder if my WAN2110 is going to have that problem. Doesn't seem to be the case, though! I unscrew the crown around once a month and haven't had any issues with it.

I think Tag has a real winner with this model: rugged but dressy, easy to turn bezel, and lightweight (140 grams). Accuracy, lume, and power reserve (40 hours) are all fine. I recommend it. I actually like it so much, I'm kind of considering adding a Tag quartz to my collection just to have an auto and a quartz from them. I never bought a Tag before this watch, but I'm a fan now.

·
Registered
14,861 Posts

I'm interested in the WAN 2110 as well. I do recall a thread in which a couple of members did have the same stripped crown issues with their Aquaracers as well. And they did mention they were WAN versions.

Honestly, if you're looking for a truly rugged diver, I'd go with the Seiko Monsters. If you want something that is close to the look of a WAN 2110 but truly rugged, then the Seiko Sumo.

TAG Heuer's Aquaracer line is the best looking line of diver watches I've ever seen. But the company has done an extremely poor job with regards to customers who have experienced stripped crowns.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts