WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I'm trying to adjust my mom's vintage, late 70s Rolex Oyster Perpetual Date. Hope you guys can help me out as I am in unfamiliar territory!

First, since the papers for the watch was misplaced long ago, I was wondering about the following:

1. Are these vintage models serial numbered? The only number that is visible on the back is the "568" on the bracelet.

2. How many positions are there on the crown? After the crown is unlocked, I noticed two distinct positions. Is the first position the wind mode? The second position is definitely the time adjust mode.

3. Is there a date change position on the crown or is that combined on the time change position on the crown?

4. Were these older models COSC-certified?

That's all for now. The watch needs a major service/tune-up. How much do these typically cost? I'm talking crystal change, hands change as there are signs of corrosion, seals change, clean and polish, etc.

Great timeless watch otherwise...

Thanks in advance for your help!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hi,

I'm trying to adjust my mom's vintage, late 70s Rolex Oyster Perpetual Date. Hope you guys can help me out as I am in unfamiliar territory!

First, since the papers for the watch was misplaced long ago, I was wondering about the following:

1. Are these vintage models serial numbered? The only number that is visible on the back is the "568" on the bracelet.

2. How many positions are there on the crown? After the crown is unlocked, I noticed two distinct positions. Is the first position the wind mode? The second position is definitely the time adjust mode.

3. Is there a date change position on the crown or is that combined on the time change position on the crown?

That's all for now. The watch needs a major service/tune-up. How much do these typically cost? I'm talking crystal change, hands change as there are signs of corrosion, seals change, clean and polish, etc.

The cost of what you mentioned would be around $550, plus more if they find anything else.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Hi,

If a vintage watch is COSC certified it would be on the dial just like the new ones. BTW, the serial number should be between the lugs at 6 o'clock, model number at 12. =) maverick
( I'll second that "Go Bears". LOL)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts