WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear all.

I have a opportunity to buy Glashutte 17 rubis. Below are some pictures. On the back is engraving that this watch was a gift to a worker from Tvin factory.

I have read that this is not collectible watch,
I would just like to know if this is original and how much this kind of watch is worth? It has no documents.

glashutte.jpg
glashutte2.jpg
glashutte-17-rubis-slika-15432283.jpg

Thank you!

·
Moderator at Large
54,121 Posts
Movement is a GUB 09-20 which originally has been produced for ladies watches. Millions of this movement have been produced, one of the most produced GUB movements.
Watch looks authentic. We on WUS tend not to give evaluations (see our rules & guidelines, see the stickies on our Vintage and Pocket Watches Forum). You might check ebay.de for references. Do not expect much.

From a former post

.... The 09-20 was produced from 1971 to 1990, app. 3.399.000 pieces have been made. Diameter is 5 1/2'''lines.
It was originally designed to fit ladies watches ("Clipper") for example. Not easy to service because of the 3/4 plate.

More specs:

Movement dimensions: 13x15,15 mm, height 3,5 mm
Jewels: 17
Balance: Glucydur
b/hour: 21.600

The movement was later mounted into smaller men`s watches.
A lot of those watches do pop up in larger quantities on ebay. I do not think those are a real bargain or a valuable collector`s item

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for quick answer. Are this GUB 09-20 movements made by Glashutte, what is the correlation. So they produced 3,4 mil movements for all kinds of models.
I like the look of the watch, is this movement reliable?

·
Moderator at Large
54,121 Posts
There have been two 09-20 movements, those with "Glashütte" engraved on the plate - balance bridge - (like yours) ans those with "17 jewels" engraved on the plate. Those with "17 jewels" were produced in Ruhla, those with "Glashütte" in Glashütte.
Reliable: yes, easy to service: No. Parts available: Yes.

·
Registered
31,241 Posts
There have been two 09-20 movements, those with "Glashütte" engraved on the plate - balance bridge - (like yours) ans those with "17 jewels" engraved on the plate. Those with "17 jewels" were produced in Ruhla, those with "Glashütte" in Glashütte.
Reliable: yes, easy to service: No. Parts available: Yes.
Nice call.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts