WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gentlemen,

I'd appreciate if you had a look at the enclosed. The watch is available from a well known dealer, and the price is 2,700 USD. I'm not an expert in vintage Omega, or anything Omega, but I'm aware of potential pitfalls with vintage watches, as I collect vintage from another well known Swiss Brand. This would be my first ever vintage Omega.

The obvious questions, and one less evident question follow:

- Dial / Hands: Do they look the part? Any signs of potentially replaced parts?
- Bezel / Insert.
- And here's the important one, the bracelet. It looks to me that the bracelet is from another Omega watch, probably an original Omega bracelet, but not a match to the Speedy 125.

In case the bracelet does not tick, are NOS / second bracelets potentially available? Would it make sense to buy this watch for 2,700 and still source a bracelet separately? I can wait for a better piece, if need be, I can control the itch for the time being.

Thanks a million for your help!

·
Registered
5,179 Posts
Although not an owner*of this Omega classic, I'm certain that is not the original bracelet.

The original bracelet was 1221/212 with a later, almost identical, replacement being 1225/212. Both of these were bar-style.

* it's just one of the many pieces on my vintage Omega wishlist and so I've done a little research...

·
Registered
5,179 Posts
Thanks! Such precise answer!
You're welcome!
There's a lot of very useful and interesting info here:

https://www.watchuseek.com/f20/review-my-new-speedie-125-chronometer-509464.html

And here:

http://chronomaddox.com/speedmaster125.html

I thought the 125 Anniversary was rather ugly when I first saw it, but I've come to absolutely love it. It's stunningly beautiful in a "brutalist" kind of way. I tried a fully restored one on a few months ago - this watch doesn't wear as large as you might think!

Anyway, I say "go for it" - good luck!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts