WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Firstly your is a 16610 and his is possibly11613.
16610 - 135 grams all black and only black Except the LV ( green bezel))
16613 - 148 grams which is BLUE SS and gold. there is no such model as a blue SS submariner. well certainly not from 2005 as there is specualtion very few were made for Asia in the 80's. ( but it is only a theory) so for this Argument there is no such thing as an all steel blue submariner.
There is an all gold one which is a 16618 BUT this only comes in Yellow Gold with Blue
Was his bezel ceramic? that is a white gold all blue 116618 but i dont think they were made in 2005, i think 2007 was the year they started.

Your friends is either a custom made peice by himself or a fake.

Finally

coudl you try and give me a better shot f you rolex rolex engraving please. PM if you want.

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
The weight difference comes from the gold bezel, crown and centre links on your friends sub as gold is much heavier than steel.

·
Registered
5,497 Posts
oh.. sorry for the poor wrting. YES! His is BLUE SS and gold. blue dieal and gold in the central column of the band. He boutht it in 07 but said old model. couldn't find series #. Thank you very much, i will try get a better shot!
No offense OP, but SS vs TT is little obvious to where the weight would differ, right? Enjoy your watch, it is a classic.

·
Registered
805 Posts
This is a 16613 (your friend's watch) clasp:
Note: This is the early type, the later ones (2004 ish?) had the gold running through the clasp too.

Watch accessory Yellow Jewellery Fashion accessory Strap
How does his differ?

·
Registered
5,497 Posts
This is a 16613 (your friend's watch) clasp:
Note: This is the early type, the later ones (2004 ish?) had the gold running through the clasp too.

View attachment 442018
How does his differ?
His crown on the clasp looks as it should. Do a simple google search and you can find endless examples of this placement. Agree, your example is different, but the bracelet is an early version and TT.

No worries OP enjoy watch.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts