WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I bought a PRG-40 from recently, the watch is basically NOS from 2002, looks unused and was sold as needing a battery change. I opened it up, made sure that there was no battery leak or anything, and fitted some new 399 cells which didn't do anything, nor did touching the AC reset. Thinking that maybe it was a faulty set of batteries I bought another set (this time Renata) but still the watch wouldn't work. It sometimes makes sounds when I press the buttons but I've never got the display to come on properly. Its either just blank or extremely feint. As I say the watch appears to have never been used, has anyone got any ideas as to what might be up with it? I'd love to see it working but I'm wondering if somehow the module has died, or maybe isn't the power it needs from the batteries?

·
Registered
36,282 Posts
I had one of these go TU during a battery change years ago, blamed it on myself for clumsy work.

Not sure of what is wrong with yours or how to remedy it. Just know they can be fragile when opened up and worked sometimes.

·
Registered
7,866 Posts
thats it great shape! seems like it mightve died early in its life and not been worn since. with such a good exterior id just keep an eye out for a beater donor and do a straight module swap |>

·
Registered
9,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm just bumping this thread again because I've managed to get a donor watch for a module swap. I just wondered if anyone had any tips on swapping out the module, anything I should be aware of such as how the sensors are connected or any fiddly or tricky steps to take care with?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts