WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello it seems that the brand is Elan , but i can't find anything on that on google?

Maybe this is just junk ?

Best regards / J
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1440095062.948504.jpg

Skickat från min IP6+

·
Registered
3,841 Posts
It is certainly not junk, even if the brand was small/unknown. Many, if not most, chronographs were generic (some exceptions) - and many companies put their brand on dial of countless venus, valjoux, and landeron calibers.

Photo of the movement is really needed - I suspect something nicer than the usual landeron '48.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It is certainly not junk, even if the brand was small/unknown. Many, if not most, chronographs were generic (some exceptions) - and many companies put their brand on dial of countless venus, valjoux, and landeron calibers.

Photo of the movement is really needed - I suspect something nicer than the usual landeron '48.
I have not bought it yet, don't even know a fair price on an unknown chronograph brand. I'm lost on this one

Skickat från min IP6+

·
Zenith Forum Co-moderator
19,132 Posts
The "worst" movement for that would be a Landeron 48. This is not a bad movement, it is just dead common and therefore the least attractive for the ("serious") collector. Even then, the 300 US$ depend on the state of the watch. If it isn't working and needs parts replacement, 300 US$ is rather too much. Even if it perfect condition and recently serviced, 300 US$ for a Landeron 48 sounds OK - but a professional vendor would take more off you (he has to give a warranty and has more overheads to cover than a private seller). If the movement is a rarer calibre (e.g. Excelsior Park, or even a manufacture calibre, e.g. Longines, Minerva, etc. - but I doubt that it is), 300 US$ is OK for a working but completely unserviced watch. A perfect one, even from a private seller, should cost rather more. And so on, and so forth. The bottom line is that it depends a lot on the movement, the state of the watch (particularly movement) and who's selling.

Hartmut Richter

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
The "worst" movement for that would be a Landeron 48. This is not a bad movement, it is just dead common and therefore the least attractive for the ("serious") collector. Even then, the 300 US$ depend on the state of the watch. If it isn't working and needs parts replacement, 300 US$ is rather too much. Even if it perfect condition and recently serviced, 300 US$ for a Landeron 48 sounds OK - but a professional vendor would take more off you (he has to give a warranty and has more overheads to cover than a private seller). If the movement is a rarer calibre (e.g. Excelsior Park, or even a manufacture calibre, e.g. Longines, Minerva, etc. - but I doubt that it is), 300 US$ is OK for a working but completely unserviced watch. A perfect one, even from a private seller, should cost rather more. And so on, and so forth. The bottom line is that it depends a lot on the movement, the state of the watch (particularly movement) and who's selling.

Hartmut Richter
Ok tnx for good input , i understand your point ! I have a private watchmaker who fixes my watches so a service will be no problem.
I got some more info of the watch , the measurement of the steel case is 38mm without crown and 13mm thick. That's a nice size and increases the value a bit I hope for a decent movement , but expect the worst just to not be disappointed !

/ J

Skickat från min Luftpadda II

1 - 12 of 12 Posts