WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Premium Member
10,286 Posts
So with orient Star classic:
- I like the dial on WZ0251EL (although 60th anniversary is even nicer - but again discontinued LE). It's Auto so a bit thick.
- But WZ0011DD has better dimensions - 1mm smaller diameter, 2mm less thick, and has a sapphire glass. It's a handwound, so thinner. What I don't like is the 6 and 12 markers on the dial. Does anyone have one of these 2 and can comment on your experience w them. Or comment on these 2 choices in general (unless someone has SARB031, which I'll take off your hands with pleasure):
Visually I prefer the WZ0011DD. I think it looks better without the date and has a more discreet PR indicator. The tiny deeply set dates on many of these Orients are a minor drawback for me. But I think you're right about the WZ0251EL - alot of the stated thickness is due to the crystal and I wouldn't describe the case as bulky. If you prefer its looks its probably the way to go. I think it's also a fair bit cheaper than the manual wind.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.