WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi All, I need some advice please on this silver IWC case im selling on eBay. I have been contacted by another eBay seller who says that the round bezel is not original to the watch.He says that it should have a square/cushion bezel and that a location pin on the case has been filed down to accommodate the round one, could this be true and was it common to alter watchcases this way if so? I cant seem to be able to upload pictures on this site at the moment but the eBay item number when you put it into the search is 231106487326.If this is true, I would let the current bidders know and add this new info to the auction.Many thanks Lee

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
He's right, it should be square/cushion

·
Registered
18,176 Posts
Strange to have a round bezel on a cushion case so they may be correct... the hinge appears to show past metal work. The bezel may have been replaced then.

See if you can find any IWC vintage with a similar round bezel... That would indicate the case is possibly correct.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Many thanks for your thoughts.After doing some research I also think the case shouldn't have had a circular bezel. Have added this new information to the description and advised the bidders. Thanks again.Lee

·
Registered
4,037 Posts
Hi Lee,

no need to do any research. The filed down alignment pin is clearly visible in the first pic, and as a round bezel needs none, the case surely had a cushion shaped bezel.

Regards, Roland Ranfft

·
Registered
13,447 Posts
Please post a link your auction.
Then I can look and comment
thanks
a

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks again all for your good advice, may not make as much money compared to if the bezel was original, but gained a bit more knowledge in this big world of horology! Adam, If you go to eBay and type in the search box 231106487326,this will show you the case for sale. Many thanks.Lee

1 - 7 of 7 Posts