WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks,

I got a very fine cal.1002; (mvnt ref: 32093195) with an excellent dial ( DeVille ) and hands today.
Now, how can I find out, to which case ref. this movement belongs to ?
If somebody already knows, do you have pics for me ?
Thanx in advance
louis

·
Registered
7,704 Posts
It could belong to one of a few cases. Posting pictures of the dial and hands would really help in trying to figure this out.

Hi folks,

I got a very fine cal.1002; (mvnt ref: 32093195) with an excellent dial ( DeVille ) and hands today.
Now, how can I find out, to which case ref. this movement belongs to ?
If somebody already knows, do you have pics for me ?
Thanx in advance
louis

·
Registered
4,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here come pics. The diameter over all is 31mm.

I remember, years ago there has been a John Diethelm at Omega Vintage service. He was very helpful. Is there a follower, who might has lists ?

louis

Attachments

·
Registered
9,532 Posts
Nobody knows ?
Really, we're not ignoring you, but apparently no one knows off the top of their head. As Joe mentioned, that dial and movement could belong to a number of different cases. Here are a few:

If you want to do some research, you can register for free on the Vintage Watches section of Omega's site. Incidentally, Mr. Diethelm has been retired for awhile, now. Mr. Richon runs the Omega Museum, with the assistance of Mr. Miranda. As far as I know, they have spent a great deal of time assembling this Vintage Watches section of the website, for just this type of situation.

Good luck.

eric

·
Registered
4,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Thanx a lot, eric. That´s it what I was looking for.
I´ve tried to register before on the Vintage Section. It didn´t work well. Maybe I´ll try again with the explorer instead of firefox ?

btw. Can I download from somewhere these lists case/mvnt ?

louis

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
If you provide Omega with the relevant information about the movement, i.e., model, caliber, serial number, etc., they can tell you (for a fee) exactly what case this movement was originally placed in. Note that the lists on the Omega web site are not yet complete.

Note that, since you appear to have a two-part stem, this movement might have come from a unishell case (where the movement comes out the front).

However, even if you knew the correct case reference number, where do you expect to actually find a correct case for this watch?

Note that there is a chance that Omega may be able to supply an NOS case as a part of a restoration. However, since this movement might have originally been in a solid gold case (a reason that the case is now gone - scrapped for cash) don't expect this route to be cheap.

Bottom Line: Omega is probably the only source to properly restore this watch to a correct case.

·
Registered
9,532 Posts
Thanx a lot, eric. That´s it what I was looking for.
I´ve tried to register before on the Vintage Section. It didn´t work well. Maybe I´ll try again with the explorer instead of firefox ?

btw. Can I download from somewhere these lists case/mvnt ?

louis
I wish I could've helped more, Louis, but it's a difficult question. Yeah, I'd try a different browser and see if you have more luck. I'm a Mac guy and sometimes have trouble using Safari, though Camino works fine.

I took those screenshots from the Vintage Watch section. They link to more information, which should be helpful to you.

Good luck!

eric

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
I wish I could've helped more, Louis, but it's a difficult question. Yeah, I'd try a different browser and see if you have more luck. I'm a Mac guy and sometimes have trouble using Safari, though Camino works fine.

I took those screenshots from the Vintage Watch section. They link to more information, which should be helpful to you.

Good luck!

eric
I swear to God Eric, the way you write and with the info you come up with, most times you write and sound like my elder brother (even from the beginning from when I first "met" you). Which is saying a lot of things;-)...like...are you a snotty stockbroker from an Ivy League school?:)

Glimmer

·
Registered
9,532 Posts
I swear to God Eric, the way you write and with the info you come up with, most times you write and sound like my elder brother (even from the beginning from when I first "met" you). Which is saying a lot of things;-)...like...are you a snotty stockbroker from an Ivy League school?:)

Glimmer
:-d:-d I'm sure I'll take that as a compliment, C...right?!?!?!

eric

·
Registered
4,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanx for your answers.
@Jim
Here in Europe there are several sources to find an Omega case. So if I have the correct refs, it´s a lot easier to find.

·
Registered
4,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
My watchmaker has got a steelcase in his drawer. I´ll show you the result, as soon as I got the complete watch. :p

·
Registered
4,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
READY ! Thank you all for your help. Got that NOS case for my 1002.
Please don´t blame me because of the marriage, but I like the contrast of steel case and golden dial, and I´ll never going to sell it.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
12,970 Posts
very interesting watch, I like it.

·
Registered
9,532 Posts
It's good to see it came together into something you like and can enjoy for a very long time.

Thanks for keeping us updated.

eric

·
Registered
504 Posts
This may be a naive question but I'll ask it anyway. Aren't all Deville's Unishells? If I recall correctly, they started out as the "Dressy" line of Seamasters and had unishells.

Did the building of DeVille's with Unishell bodys continue?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts