WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
was shopping today when i saw the
FORTIS SPACEMATIC 2012 Limited Edition @ the A.D. going for around 1k usd.
40mm
200m WR.
The movement is an ETA 2836-2 with day/date feature. It has a rate of 28,800 bph, 25 jewels and an incabloc shock absorber.
This ::::>
623-22-42-10.jpg

Cant find any owner reviews on WUS.
so do you guys think its worth the dough for my 1k?

***** was wondering if there is anything wrong with the crown?
Read from some website stating that its a screw down crown.
But the one I tried at the AD didnt have the screw down crown ***

*not my pic*

·
Moderator at Large
53,097 Posts
No owner reviews here on WUS but there are a lot elsewhere, not on the LE but anyway.
The (serial) 40mm Fortis Spacematic is a great all rounder and the ETA 2836 has proven to be a reliable, rough movement. In a german magazine I read that the LE was fitted with a SW 220 but that might be wrong.
Go for it if you like it.

fortis6232242.jpg

The LE has been available with black dial as well. 2012 pcs. have been made.

623.22.41 Si01 rubber black
623.22.41 Si04 rubber light blue
623.22.41 Si17 rubber yellow
623.22.41 N01 Nato black
623.22.41 N11 Nato olive
623.22.41 N39 Nato "sand"
623.22.41 M stell bracelet

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
I think it would be a great addition to your collection at 1K. I f you like it, go for it!

·
Registered
10,872 Posts
Great looking watch....Easy to read.....Love the lume shot.......Hate the strap.IMHO
I'd buy it and replace the strap.

Reactions: rics21

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I m not sure of the movement. Read it from some website. Lol

Felt ok with the watch.
Tried it on and felt ok with the look of it. But was wondering if there is anything wrong with the crown?
the one I tried at the AD didnt have got the screw down crown.

·
Banned
7,819 Posts
But was wondering if there is anything wrong with the crown?
the one I tried at the AD didnt have got the screw down crown.
Maybe the screw down thread is damaged - not unheard of with screwdown crowns in general

If it is a screw down crown and damaged, the crown won't sit snug against the watch body when not in the set time/wind mode.
But on that spacematic it screws into that outer shroud so you might not be able to see the threads or any potential damage either.

It does say it's supposed to be a screw down http://www.fortis-watches.com/front_content.php?idart=839&lang=2&changelang=2

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Maybe the screw down thread is damaged - not unheard of with screwdown crowns in general

If it is a screw down crown and damaged, the crown won't sit snug against the watch body when not in the set time/wind mode.
But on that spacematic it screws into that outer shroud so you might not be able to see the threads or any potential damage either.

It does say it's supposed to be a screw down http://www.fortis-watches.com/front_content.php?idart=839&lang=2&changelang=2
Thanks for the info. Guess I should continue hunting. Don't feel right with the QC @ fortis.

·
Banned
7,819 Posts
Thanks for the info. Guess I should continue hunting. Don't feel right with the QC @ fortis.
Sorry when I read you first post I thought it said used not usd lol

If this is supposedly new , it could still have been knackered instore

Maybe you should confirm with fortis that there isn't a non screw down version out there for a certain territory? - doubt it but you never know

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The dial numerals are not very appealing to me but Fortis makes a good watch. If you like that look, it's a good deal.
Showed the pic of the watch to my wife and she felt the same way as u do. Guess its better for me to continue hunting.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Sorry when I read you first post I thought it said used not usd lol

If this is supposedly new , it could still have been knackered instore

Maybe you should confirm with fortis that there isn't a non screw down version out there for a certain territory? - doubt it but you never know
Went Back to the A.D. confirmed that it isnt a screw down crown. read from the website. it is stated as: "steel crown with FORTIS logo and pusher protection".

cant find another NEW watch @ 1k usd which is comparable to the fortis spacematic. 200m WR. Incabloc shock absorber. Standard Lugs.
it maybe the BEATER i am looking for.
the only reason i m not buying is because of my wife's comment: the dial is ugly, either the watch is too young for me, or i am too old for the watch.

·
Banned
7,819 Posts
Went Back to the A.D. confirmed that it isnt a screw down crown. read from the website. it is stated as: "steel crown with FORTIS logo and pusher protection".
Pusher ?? - what pusher ?

Are we on the same model ?, or was the LE a different beast without SD crown ?

The link I gave earlier states The salient feature of this FORTIS line is apart from the recognizable "face" the cylindrical case design integrating a screw-down handy crown to provide maximum protection and optimal handling

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Pusher ?? - what pusher ?

Are we on the same model ?, or was the LE a different beast without SD crown ?

The link I gave earlier states The salient feature of this FORTIS line is apart from the recognizable "face" the cylindrical case design integrating a screw-down handy crown to provide maximum protection and optimal handling
Checked with a spacematic owner here in wus. And he confirmed that it isn't a screw down crown.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts