WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi,

three days ago my grandpa gave me a present, an Omega-watch, called "BULLHEAD" alias "Micky Mouse".

Now i need some informations about this watch. It would be very nice, if someone could help me.

So far i know, that this watch is very old, produced from 1940-1969.

It's extremly rare and very precious, but damn ugly (not my taste, sorry! I wouldn't wear it! And i'm not a collector!).

I don't know much about old watch-models.

Every day the clockwise stops by itself and i have to press a button, then it goes on. Is that working as intended?

[EDIT - AAP]

Here you can see some pics of the watch and have some details:

http://www.omega4u.net/omega4u/english/omega_146011.html

Omega Driver's Bullhead: Perhaps The Coolest of the Retro_Omegas - Watches Worth Knowing About - HODINKEE

Omega Seamaster Bullhead für Preis auf Anfrage zu verkaufen von einem Trusted Seller auf Chrono24

Omega Seamaster Armbanduhr Hirsch Lederarmband | eBay

I would be very grateful.

best regards!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hi Atanariel,

I am also the owner of an Omega Seamaster Driver, or "Bullhead", as it is better known. The watch was only produced for a very short time around 1970, and also only in very few numbers.

Unfortunately, I am not completely sure what you mean when you say the "clockwise" stops every day. Which hand of the watch do you mean? The two orange ones (the large one for the second and the small one for the minutes) are for the stopwatch functionality and operated with the two pushers. Normal time is represented by the two large white hands (minutes/hours) and the tiny white hand at the bottom (seconds). These three hands should run all the time, independent from the orange ones.

I wind up my watch two times a day (in the morning and the evening), but I think it runs about 26 hours without winding it up at all. Of course this time might only apply to my own watch - don't to forget that its over 40 years old.

Hope this helps somehow & best regards!

·
Registered
14,637 Posts
I'm not quite sure what you want to know about the watch, but I think it's REALLY cool. Was it your grandpa's watch?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hello Atanariel,

I strongly believe this is normal and your watch is NOT broken. As I said, the orange hands are for measuring time (up to 30 minutes), and normally they do not move at all (until you press the left button, as you said).
In normal operations, only the white hands are moving.

To measure time with the orange hands, you have to:
1. Press the left button to start measuring.
2. Press the left button again to stop measuring.
3. Now you can press the right button to move the hands back to "12 o'clock" position.

Best regards!

·
Banned
3,556 Posts
Wow, this watch is popular this month... As I stated earlier, in relation to a post of Jareth's, you can see resemblances to the Omega flightmaster. Does the internal bezel move? Even if you don't like it Atanariel, you're Grandpa sure must have liked you. Too bad you did not inherit your Grand Pa's great taste.;-) No offence, but I too love it..
What ever your thoughts, you have a great and cherished watch. Hope it all works out for you.

·
Registered
2,781 Posts
On TZ-UK the watch head was being sold recently for £3,000+

I dont know much about this model.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Wow, this watch is popular this month... As I stated earlier, in relation to a post of Jareth's, you can see resemblances to the Omega flightmaster. Does the internal bezel move? Even if you don't like it Atanariel, you're Grandpa sure must have liked you. Too bad you did not inherit your Grand Pa's great taste.;-) No offence, but I too love it..
What ever your thoughts, you have a great and cherished watch. Hope it all works out for you.
Hello Yande, you're right. The older Flightmasters (with calibre 910) and the Bullhead share the same bezel and the outermost ring of the dial is also the same. Yes, the bezel can be moved with the crown on the bottom of the watch.
The Flightmaster is - together with the Bullhead - my favorite Omega watch, wish I had a Flightmaster, too... I guess you can call these two watches very old-fashioned in the best possible way :)

One word about the price (although I can't imagine to ever sell it, no no no...) - 2007 one was sold for 25,000 CHF at Omegamania, but this was really extreme. Most people nowadays seem to sell it for around 5000-8000 US$, quite a lot compared with its original price in 1970: just 370 CHF.

Best regards and good night!

·
Registered
6,644 Posts
if what your interested in is selling it and it all checks out with authenticity and ownership and all that its pretty safe to say you have one of the most desiriable and collectable of the modern era (post 60s) Omega watches around. Examples in pristine condition sell for a LOT and you can check sites like antiquorium.com or just do a search for an Omega Bullhead Chronograph (forget the 'mickey mouse' as nobody I know of uses that term). Even if your watch needs some work its still fairly valuable if its all original and not pieced together from other omega parts. Good luck. Either way-sell or keep-you have one of the golden grails of modern Omega watches

1 - 10 of 10 Posts