WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, I really enjoy reading posts on collections and would love some advice/input in adding to my collection smartly without having to flip and trade. I wear my watches and don't see them as investments. I plan on passing them all down to kids/nephews after I'm done enjoying them. Here's the current lineup that all are my regular rotation:

1. Omega SMP diver 300m (bracelet and rubber) 42mm
2. Omega 2264 (bracelet) 41mm
3. Baume and Mercier Classima 42mm (multiple straps)
4. Navitimer World GMT 46 (bracelet and multiple straps)
5. Omega Aqua Terra GMT 43mm (bracelet and black strap)

Watch Analog watch Rectangle Clock Watch accessory
Watch Analog watch Light Silver Clock
Watch Analog watch Rectangle Clock Silver
Watch Analog watch Photograph White Light
Watch Analog watch Light Silver Clock

Simple rules I like to adhere to:
  • wrist is 7.25" so my preference is 40-43 mm
  • I'm tending to prefer smaller/thinner watches these days (under 14mm thickness)
  • not a cyclops fan, but would get a replacement crystal if I bought a Rolex as I prefer a date
  • looking to the bigger brands (Rolex, Omega, Breitling, Tudor, IWC, JLC)
  • $3k - $9k range US
  • I'm not a movement snob

Some contenders I've been wrestling with for a milestone business accomplishment upcoming:

• Rolex Explorer II
  • Rolex OP41
  • IWC pilot / spitfire (any version really)
Watch Analog watch Clock Watch accessory Rectangle
Watch Analog watch Light Watch accessory Clock
Watch Analog watch White Light Clock
Watch Analog watch Clock Silver Watch accessory

Ultimately, the grail watch (for now) will be the Speedy Moonshine, so I am not really interested in getting a standard Moonwatch at present.

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Clock Material property

Thanks for your consideration and I hope this post at least helped you pass the time!

·
Registered
11,724 Posts
Here we go again.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That IWC Spitfire would add a different look to your collection.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk
I agree. I tried it on (grey dial version) and didn't want to take it off. The bracelet was absolutely stunning in person. I haven't tried on any of the new in-house 41mm versions yet. I liked the 43mm though, it didn't seem to big at all. Thank you!

·
Premium Member
2,685 Posts
If it’s me I’d get rid of the breitling cause it’s huge compared to your desired size. Those extra dollars plus your budget could get you into the omega Ed White with the 321 movement. The moonshine gold now goes for more than $40000 the 321 at 14000. A better purchase to me.

·
Registered
11,724 Posts
I had no idea this was a thing. That dial is something else! Thanks for this, it's a stunner!
That is a bad picture of the dial. The dial looks much better than that.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
If it’s me I’d get rid of the breitling cause it’s huge compared to your desired size. Those extra dollars plus your budget could get you into the omega Ed White with the 321 movement. The moonshine gold now goes for more than $40000 the 321 at 14000. A better purchase to me.

My wife got me the Navi for my 40th. She'd skin me alive. It actually wears great for a 46mm. Especially on the Breitling mesh bracelet. I feel like a Speedy is inevitable at some point, although the Moonshine dream needs to stay alive to keep me hungry!

·
Registered
11,724 Posts
Just because all you have are Swiss and everything being recommended is Swiss, I'll throw some Asian watches out there. Just because. My Germans and Finnish are pretty basic so they'll be on the sidelines here.

·
Registered
Sinn EZM3Fz
7,702 Posts
I don't like Rolex however the expII 40mm without the eyeball tumor on it would be nice. Better yet a low domed sapphire would really do it.

·
Registered
11,724 Posts
Your collection is outrageous. What's that last pic? incredible dial
Memorigin. Hong Kong brand that only does tourbillons and does a lot of collabs. Really eccentric. They've got collabs with a hospital, Bruce Lee, Spongebob Squarepants (yes, that's right, in gold too), USC, etc. This is one of their non-collabs.

Reactions: CFC1905

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
I think you have a nice current collection with viable hand me downs in the future. My vote would be to hold out and get the gold speedy. The candidates while nice, I don’t think are going to give you the buzz you may be seeking …

Reactions: CFC1905
1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.