WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

New to the forum. From reading through some posts, there are some very knowledgeable and helpful folk here so...

Does this look like a genuine Omega? And insights/deductions would be very much appreciated.

Thanks!
Lee

Attachments

·
Registered
3,383 Posts
I'd say the watch is genuine.
Omegas in the UK from the thirties and forties were often cased in Dennison
cases, the hallmark dates the watch to 1947 which fits in with the style of dial,
and hands.

Great watch, looks in fine condition.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I'd say the watch is genuine.
Omegas in the UK from the thirties and forties were often cased in Dennison
cases, the hallmark dates the watch to 1947 which fits in with the style of dial,
and hands.

Great watch, looks in fine condition.
Looks authentic to me as well, although I believe the dial to be a refinish. Likely left over wartime production diverted to civilian use, as the 30T2 movement serial is around 1944 production.

Omega (as well as others) cased their imports in-country (in Dennison cases) in order to avoid high tariffs on gold imposed during the depression and continued through the war years.

·
Zenith Forum Co-moderator
19,170 Posts
Well, the movement is original but I doubt that it left the factory in that condition. It should be rose gold plated but someone obviously polished off all the gold! The remnants can be seen in the places where the polisher couln't get - the pits for the jewels, etc. (plus tiny remnants between the digits of the serial number). I'm sure that this will lower the value.....

Hartmut Richter

1 - 9 of 9 Posts