WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered the bezel and strap of the Ocean Grey DW5025D-8 two days ago, because I want to swap it on my DW5600E (if it works well I will order GW5000 then swap it on, Doctorsti posted this before here, a GW-5000 in Ocean Grey is simply awesome, let me borrow your pic: )
DSC_0075.jpg

However, today, Pacpart called to inform me that the Ocean Grey bezel is discountinued :-( I am really disappointed, I really wanted to make this mod work. Anyway, unless I can find the Ocean Grey bezel, I have to give it up.

So now, I am wondering, since the DW5600E, GW5000 etc have the same size. I assume a bunch of other squares also have the same size with them, but I am not sure exactly. So here is the question: is there any other interesting "colthes" with the same size you guys can think of, such that I can play the swap with DW5600E/GW5000?

By interesting, I mean, NON-black bezel/straps, thanks, help me.:p

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Since nobody is replying. I did the homework myself. OK, here is the a list of ALMOST ALL models, which has the compatible BEZEL and BANDS with DW5600E(and GW5000) but has NON-BLACK colors. Unfornately, many of them are discountinued, however, some can be found in places like tiktox, for example the glorious RED DW-5600ED-4, etc.So Here you go the list, in case it is helpful for other:
(To see the pictures of them, which you should, it's a glorious history of the DW-5XXX, fun to watch, check HERE)

CASIO DW5600A-2

CASIO DW5600B-3V
CASIO DW5600BD-2

CASIO DW5600C-9BV
CASIO DW5600CF-2
CASIO DW5600CF-3
CASIO DW5600CF-8
CASIO DW5600CG-8

CASIO DW5025D-8

CASIO DW5600ED-4V
CASIO DW5600ED-9V
CASIO DW5600EH-7

CASIO DW5600FL-3
CASIO DW5600FL-8
CASIO DW5600FL-9

CASIO DW5600GF-2A
CASIO DW5600GF-4A
CASIO DW5600GM-2

CASIO DW5600JP-2

CASIO DW5600LC-4
CASIO DW5600LC-7
CASIO DW5600LC-9
CASIO DW5600LR-4

CASIO DW5600SA-2
CASIO DW5600SA-9
CASIO DW5600SF-2JR
CASIO DW5600SG-7V

CASIO DW-5600VT-9T

CASIO DW-056SD-8
CASIO DW-56RTB-3
CASIO DW-56RTS-8JR

I have send email to pacpart to check how many of them are currently still available to order.

·
Registered
13,980 Posts
Hi,
the GWX-5600 bezel should also work on DW-5600/5000 and GW-5000 models. The straps are interchangeable anyway between almost all the 5600/5000 models - except for the older "C" models. You can even use all the straps from the 6900/6600 family. I got a DW-6600 strap on my GLS-5600 - works like a charm:

Greetings, Sedi :)

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi,
the GWX-5600 bezel should also work on DW-5600/5000 and GW-5000 models. The straps are interchangeable anyway between almost all the 5600/5000 models - except for the older "C" models. You can even use all the straps from the 6900/6600 family. I got a DW-6600 strap on my GLS-5600 - works like a charm:
Greetings, Sedi :)
Thanks Sedi, that's good to know. :)

·
Registered
46 Posts
Hey guys,

I'm sure this has probably asked before, but I can't seem to find a thread on it. Would the GW5000 Bezel fit on a DW5600c? I'm asking b/cos it seems that there are no bezels for old 5600c's to be found, apart from the Brazilian ones, which have crappy lettering I find. But my limited knowledge of G-Shocks tells me that since the GW-5000 is a sort of homage to the original G, it's bezel should fit (so says my knowledge...but it's been wrong before..). I'm sure I'm gonna feel silly when everyone tells me this is an age old question, and answered by the wise Socrates himself, but if someone could clarify I'd be much obliged. I'm getting a nice, good-ish condition 5600c 901 module and I want to restore it to its former glory! :)

·
Registered
Unabashed Casio G-Shock fanboy
8,357 Posts
Hey guys,

I'm sure this has probably asked before, but I can't seem to find a thread on it. Would the GW5000 Bezel fit on a DW5600c? I'm asking b/cos it seems that there are no bezels for old 5600c's to be found, apart from the Brazilian ones, which have crappy lettering I find. But my limited knowledge of G-Shocks tells me that since the GW-5000 is a sort of homage to the original G, it's bezel should fit (so says my knowledge...but it's been wrong before..). I'm sure I'm gonna feel silly when everyone tells me this is an age old question, and answered by the wise Socrates himself, but if someone could clarify I'd be much obliged. I'm getting a nice, good-ish condition 5600c 901 module and I want to restore it to its former glory! :)
Unfortunately, the 5000 bezels to my knowledge are not compatible with the 5600c case. :(

·
Registered
8,357 Posts
I really want a DW-5600c to call my own, but the dwindling supply of replacement bezels concerns me. Eventually, there will be none left unless maybe one of us fabricates better looking bezels than the Brazilian ones.

·
Registered
46 Posts
:( bummer, I was hoping it would work.. Thanks for the quick answer though. And what about the DW 5000SL?.., does it too have a similar bezel to the 5600E/GW5000? Since I've come into this little 901 module I've been reading up on WUS and I've learnt about the bezel rot etc. I dunno why, but I thought G's were just bulletproof. I've got a few G-Shocks now and I would like to have spare bezels/straps etc for them (this revelation sucks! I'm gonna write up a whole new thread on it!). But my DW5000SL bezel doesn't seem to match the dimensions of my GW M5630 bezel and so I'm not sure what I should do.. :p Is this a common dilemma and an often occurrence with a noob?

·
Registered
5,784 Posts
At least one person is working on 3D printed bezels: https://www.watchuseek.com/f17/3d-printed-g-shock-lugs-903330.html

The first person who designs a DW-5600C that looks as close to original as possible -- without going over the line into lawsuit territory -- could make a profit!

I don't know where the above imaginary line lays: if a copy says "G-Shock" and "Protection" like the original, that's probably over the line.

If a copy has the three design elements I circled in Sedi's wristshot -- the "bumpers" on the face of the bezel, the little round circles to match the band, and especially the little "fins" -- THAT might be over the line as well!

design elements.JPG

I would THINK that a rounded-off octagon with flaps to cover the lugs would probably be generic enough to skate past Casio's lawyers, but I'm not a lawyer myself! Then again, since Casio doesn't seem to do anything to the droves of G-Shock counterfeiters, who knows what could be gotten away with?

In another of TheCeladon's 3D threads, I think that his 5600E bezel is a rather cool-looking, minimalist model that looks nothing like Casio's own bezel. If bezels were dune buggies, Casio's would be the rounded fiberglass tub style from the 1970's and TheCeladon's would be the more modern "rail" style. ;-)

·
Registered
5,784 Posts
And what about the DW 5000SL?.., does it too have a similar bezel to the 5600E/GW5000? Since I've come into this little 901 module I've been reading up on WUS and I've learnt about the bezel rot etc. I dunno why, but I thought G's were just bulletproof. I've got a few G-Shocks now and I would like to have spare bezels/straps etc for them (this revelation sucks! I'm gonna write up a whole new thread on it!). But my DW5000SL bezel doesn't seem to match the dimensions of my GW M5630 bezel and so I'm not sure what I should do.. :p Is this a common dilemma and an often occurrence with a noob?
Again, based on this chart, the 5000SL bezel should be interchangeable with the 5600E and GW-5000, but NOT the 5600C.

It's a common enough dilemma that WUS member kumazo made that chart back in 2012 and updated it again recently. ;-)

The good news is that Casio found out about the problems with resin rot in their early models and has apparently taken steps (reformulating the chemistry in their resin) to minimize future problems with their more recent models.

·
Registered
46 Posts
wow! you guyses is the best (sic)! I've always enjoyed reading up on the G-Shock WUS forum and your knowledge and helpfulness is admirable. Thanks Mike K for the reply, but unless 5630 is based on something other than a 5600E, it is certainly different from the 5000SL (or maybe I just want to believe it is...). I'll post some pics soon in a comparison. Thanks again!

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
the only thing that makes me mad!
Casio stopping parts production.
for example i have a GW5000 and at Pacparts you can see that some parts are already discontinued...
how is that possible!
it is still in production Casio people!!!

happy that i have a couple of spare band-bezels for the future !

i was a car mechanic for Toyota for many years.
the parts production for a car model was ceased 7 years after the model was discontinued.
this is after sales..

i m wondering
maybe some people collectors e.t.c. could make an official request form to Casio for producing a batch available for these amazing DW5600C ?
wish i had one,but agree with Otto

·
Registered
8,357 Posts
the only thing that makes me mad!
Casio stopping parts production.
for example i have a GW5000 and at Pacparts you can see that some parts are already discontinued...
how is that possible!
it is still in production Casio people!!!
happy to have a couple of spare band-bezels for the future !

i was a car mechanic for Toyota for many years.
the parts production for a car model was ceased 7 years after the model was discontinued.
this is after sales..

i m wondering
maybe some people collectors e.t.c. could make an official request form to Casio for producing a batch available for these amazing DW5600C ?
wish i had one,but agree with Otto
Part of the reason I love the GW-5000 so much is that there is an abundance of spare resin for it. Of course, the soft resin strap might be discontinued in the future. I will have to stock up some time on that. I'm in it for the long run with my squares, even the 5600e.

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
I would not recommend getting into the vintage square racket, it only leads to heartbreak. I kind of wish I didn't have my DW-5600C, I just can't get the nerve to sell it. I'm just going to ride it until it falls apart. I really don't like the aftermarket resin, I may have to lay out the coin for a NOS bezel at some point. Luckily my resin is still flexible and hasn't discoloured yet.

Casio did support the 5600C for 25 years (about 10-15 years after production switched to the 5600E) so we can't complain too much.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
I would not recommend getting into the vintage square racket, it only leads to heartbreak. I kind of wish I didn't have my DW-5600C, I just can't get the nerve to sell it. I'm just going to ride it until it falls apart. I really don't like the aftermarket resin, I may have to lay out the coin for a NOS bezel at some point. Luckily my resin is still flexible and hasn't discoloured yet.

Casio did support the 5600C for 25 years (about 10-15 years after production switched to the 5600E) so we can't complain too much.
agree on that .
but lately Casio discontinues very soon the parts..
maybe the policy is...''buy a new one''
well,that does not work with me

maybe you could find a product that keeps the bezel you have in decent condition?

on the other hand,if i had a 5600c i might use a Brazilian
they say it is decent replacement

1 - 20 of 38 Posts