WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As I write this my wife and I are in Changi airport and she just promised to gift me one nice watch for my birthday - and here are my choices :

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Great shot! My original grail was actually the Gmt BLNR, but after 5 months of waiting I have yet to find one.

Is the gmt not to overwhelming on the wrist? I'd like something that I can wear riding a bike or doing water sports. Basically a gada watch :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,526 Posts
In my very humble opinion, the stainless GMT is one of the most beautiful watches ever made. But that just me. That being said, the Exp 1 looks good on you (and may be my next purchase if I could stop buying Seiko divers and g shocks).

Reactions: bluekaze

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
In your 3rd pic there is a Submariner laying on the counter. What about a sub? Is that one a possibility?
I would say
Sub
GMT
EXP
DJ
Air King

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Where are you off to?

do you have time in Singapore? I got a BLNR in SG when I was transiting (as in from an AD outside the airport)

I'm in Phuket now for a few days then back to SG on tuesday for a day.

May I ask where in SG you were able to buy a BLNR ? We went all around orchard road and every AD (probably around 4-5) said they're all out of the BLNR. So any help would be greatly appreciated. Cheers.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
In my very humble opinion, the stainless GMT is one of the most beautiful watches ever made. But that just me. That being said, the Exp 1 looks good on you (and may be my next purchase if I could stop buying Seiko divers and g shocks).
Thanks! Truth be told the BLNR was my original target. But then I've never seen it in person, just the all black gmt. So its probably between the BLNR and the explorer 1 at this point.

·
Registered
491 Posts
From the ones you've listed, explorer or GMT. I like them both. The explorer is so understated that nobody would recognize it as a Rolex except a watch-guy or girl. The GMT has classic and instant,y Rolex features like the bubble and bezel.

My explorer one would be my daily wearer is it had a date. My other Rolex is a sd4k.

Hopefully some of my rambling helped.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
My picks:

1. GMT (black)
2. ExpI
3. DJ
6. AK

;)

Or whichever one she liked most.
My wife pushed me to get the BLNR, but i get the feeling its only because she heard its one of the "hot" rolex models atm lol. But when she saw the black one and the explorer, she cant tell which is better for me. And to be honest neither can I

·
Registered
17,846 Posts
My wife pushed me to get the BLNR, but i get the feeling its only because she heard its one of the "hot" rolex models atm lol. But when she saw the black one and the explorer, she cant tell which is better for me. And to be honest neither can I
The question I'd ask is, what would I use it for?

If I still need to remember the date, like when I'm working, I'd get the GMT (bonus for the GMT hand -- I've got family on the other side of the planet; or I could set it to GMT/Zulu time and set the bezel to the extended family's time).

Otherwise, I'd be totally satisfied with an Exp I (or Oyster Perpetual).

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Here's what im thinking atm :

Explorer 1 39mm

Pros : perfect size, low profile (i feel its safer to bring this than a gmt to less desirable places and countries, correct me if I'm wrong), easier to dress up and down with, simple and classic look

Cons : lack of GMT feature and date, possibly too simple and plain looking

GMT

Pros : Always loved the sub/gmt look, gmt function

Cons : might be too bulky for my 6.5 wrist, not a fan of the shiny links, dont know if its as safe to bring every where, a little to eye-catching at times

My original plan was to get a Sinn 556i which I'm thinking is a cheaper explorer style alternative AND a blnr. But have yet to see the sinn 556i in person as well

·
Registered
639 Posts
I would get the Explorer I unless you really need the GMT function, in that case the GMT II. The Exp is very clean looking, iconic, has everything that you need and nothing you don't

·
Registered
3,802 Posts
This just boils down to a matter of personal taste. I also have a small wrist, owned a GMT Master IIc for a couple years and ended up flipping it. I just never wore it because I found it too big to be comfortable and too blingy (with the ceramic bezel and polished center links) to fly under the radar for regular use.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts