WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All. A few days ago I pulled the trigger on A beautiful Poljot Cardinal Alarm Watch. Its on its way here from Latvia. So sorry no pics yet. It is my first alarm watch. I actually need one a few times a month. And it beats dragging around the only semi portable alarm clock I have. Besides, it was an excuse to buy another watch. The fact is, I have no idea how to work any alarm watch. Set and wind, etc. So if some kind soul could fill me in, it would be a great help! Im assuming all Poljot alarms are basically the same. Maybe its obvious but... Much thanks in advance....

·
Mod. Russian, China Mech.
19,196 Posts
It's very simple:

The crown at 4 o'clock is for winding and setting the time, the same as on a conventional watch.

The crown at 2 o'clock is for winding and setting the alarm. It's just as you would expect; in the down position it winds, and in the up position it sets. The alarm hand only turns in the counter-clockwise direction.

When the hour hand aligns with the alarm hand, the alarm will sound. There is no off-switch, but the alarm only sounds when the alarm crown is in the winding (down) position. Alarm duration is about 15 seconds. If you don't want it to sound at the time it is set, you simply don't wind it up.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Chasscom...Thank you very much. All I can say is duh! It is seemingly very obvious, but Im nervous around anything mechanical. I love mechanical watches, to look at. Marvels of miniature art,from my point of view. Thanks again. P&P

1 - 3 of 3 Posts