WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have this watch but never was sure if it's real. It is signed patek & cie on the back plate. But it has no signature on the movement or dial? Is this a fake? By which company is this watch made? Any help is welcome

Attachments

·
Registered
7,860 Posts
Is it a Patek? I don't think so. "Patek & Co.?" I've yet to see a genuine PP signed in this manner. Presumably someone added that engraving later on, because I seriously doubt that this watch was originally meant as any sort of imitation. The movement is a high-grade one, presumably by LeCoultre, featuring a complete calendar and a minute repeater.

·
Registered
4,037 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Is it a Patek? I don't think so. "Patek & Co.?" I've yet to see a genuine PP signed in this manner. Presumably someone added that engraving later on, because I seriously doubt that this watch was originally meant as any sort of imitation. The movement is a high-grade one, presumably by LeCoultre, featuring a complete calendar and a minute repeater.
ow what a good point you got there. I didn't even noticed this. I guess it means that it isn't a PP watch. Not so sure if it is by Jaeger Lecoultre because they started to sign with Jaeger in a later period, before this they signed with only LeCoultre I believe? But I do agree on the high grade movement.

Hmm.. I was planning to offer at some point for sale. What is something like this worth? I wouldn't have a clue. Or do we not discuss value on this forum? Maybe a link to similar would help?

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Valuations aren't allowed but if you look up calendar moonphase repeater pocket watches in the sold section of auction sites you can get a pretty good idea. It's a beautiful watch in a nice case, there should be a home for it somewhere.

·
Registered
72 Posts
It is a beautiful watch, check some auction sites on what they're worth, from what i understand they are just calendars not perpetual calendars

·
Registered
7,860 Posts
ow what a good point you got there. I didn't even noticed this. I guess it means that it isn't a PP watch. Not so sure if it is by Jaeger Lecoultre because they started to sign with Jaeger in a later period, before this they signed with only LeCoultre I believe? But I do agree on the high grade movement.
As you may have noticed, I said "presumably by LeCoultre", not "Jaeger-LeCoultre." LeCoultre, way before it became Jaeger-LeCoultre, has been a large supplier of generic movements, ranging from time-only to grand complications.

Reactions: busmatt
1 - 7 of 7 Posts