WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I hope your all doing well, I'm looking to replace my loyal speedy it's time for a change. I'm looking to spend about £2000 any body got any sugestions?
Thanks
Mike

·
Registered
27,204 Posts
Are you replacing it because it was lost/stolen, or because you're selling it? If the former, then you can get another Speedy (used) for around that price. If the latter, how about something like a Sinn 103 and pocket the rest of the cash? Or if you want another chrono an SMP chrono?

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm going to sell the speedy it's time for a change, I've had the watch a long time. I was thinking about a marine master but not sure to be honest I'd like to try one on first but being in the uk that's not going to happen. The speedy is my favourite omega so that counts them out. I thought about buying a couple of micros but still not sure about that either

·
Registered
4,920 Posts
I was thinking about a marine master but not sure to be honest I'd like to try one on first but being in the uk that's not going to happen.
Well, as far as the MM goes if you really want to try one on the Seiko Botique in Paris isn't really that far away with the train system right? They have a ton of pieces which you can't find anywhere else, including both the MM300 and the spring drive models.

·
Registered
Unabashed Casio G-Shock fanboy
8,334 Posts
Hmm, maybe you shouldn't sell the Speedy and just save up for a new piece. I think that you'll be constantly using it as a benchmark and once a new watch doesn't meet those standards, you'll find yourself flipping from piece to piece.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I hear what your saying but things are a bit tight at the minute ( kids & Christmas lol) Im board of the speedy now and have only worn it once this year. Im thinking Im not really missing it and could buy a new piece My beater is Magrette Brass which I love and a monster for manual work, Ive got a couple of vintage omegas I wear for best type of thing.
Im in Paris in Feb next year so I might just wait and try a MM300. Other than that Im lost for options at the back of my mind Im wondering if there is anything else as good as my Omega for the money I want to spend. Doxa is a possibility but Im not a 100% and dont want to end up constantly flipping. I work in a office but tend to dressed pretty casual most of the time, Jeans shirt & boots type thing.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Maybe an Armida A2? Or an SKX and pocket the cash (or you could keep your Speedy and just by one)?

·
Registered
Unabashed Casio G-Shock fanboy
8,334 Posts
I hear what your saying but things are a bit tight at the minute ( kids & Christmas lol) Im board of the speedy now and have only worn it once this year. Im thinking Im not really missing it and could buy a new piece My beater is Magrette Brass which I love and a monster for manual work, Ive got a couple of vintage omegas I wear for best type of thing.
Im in Paris in Feb next year so I might just wait and try a MM300. Other than that Im lost for options at the back of my mind Im wondering if there is anything else as good as my Omega for the money I want to spend. Doxa is a possibility but Im not a 100% and dont want to end up constantly flipping. I work in a office but tend to dressed pretty casual most of the time, Jeans shirt & boots type thing.
In that case, sell away! The MM300 would suit both casual and the office environment, though it is a tall watch.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Its time for Speedy to go, The MM300 seems like a good choice but it does seem a bit tall but I could get my money back and flip it quickly. Im going for new Magrette in the summer and like a couple of the Zixen styles but dont really want a picture of shark on my watch. If fact I like a few of the Micros but it wouldent seem right trading a Speedy in for a Micro it seems like a trade down. I dont know to much about Doxa quality wise and how it stacks up to Omega. I dont really like Breitling other than the Navitimer and Im looking for something a little less busy.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I like the Armida but wouldent want to trade down from the speedy to one, I would rather save for one I think but thanks for the suggestions. Ive never found it so tough to buy a watch lol.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Hi there,
What about a Damasko? They seem to fit your price range, are a bit cheaper it seems than a used MM and appear to be very high quality. I've been eyeing those myself lately and it seems you get a lot for your money. If you're not going to dive with it (and you have others for that), seems worthy of investigating.

Good luck,
Jeff

·
Registered
354 Posts
Doxa's are fantastic watches and many are limited editions. I have never been displeased with any of my Doxa watches! Doxa has a very long and iconic history. In fact, if you look at the Doxa forum, there is an e-book being offered to us free which shows all the models available and individual stories about their history. Take a look, it's really cool! PS, when you wear a Doxa, many people notice them due to their very impressive dial colors which make them unique. just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
354 Posts
PS, I have had the Seiko Marine Master 300 and it is also a great watch that holds its value generally. There are several now on the private sellers forum used that are excellent price and appear to be mint. I saw one for around $1800 compared to a new one that runs about $2600. A real bargain in my view. The nice thing about the MM is that you can wear it casually or in a suit!

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks for the replys Guys Im going to have a look at the Doxa in more detail and wait until my Paris trip to see the MM300

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
Doxa's are fantastic watches and many are limited editions. I have never been displeased with any of my Doxa watches! Doxa has a very long and iconic history. In fact, if you look at the Doxa forum, there is an e-book being offered to us free which shows all the models available and individual stories about their history. Take a look, it's really cool! PS, when you wear a Doxa, many people notice them due to their very impressive dial colors which make them unique. just my 2 cents.
Well said. I would also suggest looking into a Doxa 1200. The unique case design as well as the BOR bracelet make it a great addition to any collection. It is a great casual watch.

RS

·
Ball Watch, Bremont and Longines moderator
11,594 Posts
Generally for a multi-Role watch I suggest something closer to an Aviator style watch with a bracelet and a strap but there are a few other options. One of my current favorites the Ball Skindiver combines 2 color GTLS lume, vintage style born form 1962 with a modern full lume ceramic bezel. It looks great on a host of straps (below is a Brady Sailcloth)and a bracelet.

If my currency converter is working correctly then the Breitling Super Ocean Heritage should fit in your budget if you shop it correctly. It comes in a host of colors and combinations and is available in both a 42 and a 46mm models. I have a Breitling honey colored strap for this but I have not taken it off the bracelet yet.

There are some real deals on BNIB Anonimos that offer some Italian flair or maybe another vintage rooted divers that works on many straps like the Longines Legend Diver. Here is the version with no Date, but a date version is available:

Reactions: Ottovonn and Gutto

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
They are good looking watches , I love the legends and the ball looks really interesting, not sure about the breitling to be honest I tried it on a while ago. Thanks for the suggestions

·
Ball Watch, Bremont and Longines moderator
11,594 Posts
They are good looking watches , I love the legends and the ball looks really interesting, not sure about the breitling to be honest I tried it on a while ago. Thanks for the suggestions
Your welcome, and on the Breitling the role you describe is what I use mine for. It does dress and casual well so that I why I included it.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts