WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

I finally have a reason to get a time piece other than my G shocks. I've got to wear some suits and I need a nice dress watch. I'm having a hard time finding the right one. Most of the watches I look at are a little too big for my wrist.
I'm looking for a piece with a 36-40mm case. Analog, black leather band on black face. Simple and smooth, good for a black or grey suit. My questions are:

1. Is there a resource to search for watches by some of these features besides amazon?

2. Could you guys recommend some manufacturers or models I could research. (I probably need this the most)

Thanks for the help, I can't wait for the search.

Oh yeah, budget is kind of restricting. <$500.00

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Tissot, if you're ok with quartz, and Orient, if you're ok with Japanese automatics.

-hayday

·
Registered
6,061 Posts
Hello everyone,

I finally have a reason to get a time piece other than my G shocks. I've got to wear some suits and I need a nice dress watch. I'm having a hard time finding the right one. Most of the watches I look at are a little too big for my wrist.
I'm looking for a piece with a 36-40mm case. Analog, black leather band on black face. Simple and smooth, good for a black or grey suit. My questions are:

1. Is there a resource to search for watches by some of these features besides amazon?

2. Could you guys recommend some manufacturers or models I could research. (I probably need this the most)

Thanks for the help, I can't wait for the search.

Oh yeah, budget is kind of restricting. <$500.00
If you can stretch your budget by $75, I can't recommend this enough. The Frederique Constant FC-303. I bought one for my partner for Christmas and he absolutely loves the watch.

You can pick one up from Amazon Watches for $575. Frederique Constant Men's FC-303MC3P6 Classics Automatic Stainless-Steel Watch: Watches: Amazon.com

FC-303 Hi Res.jpg

·
Registered
10,872 Posts
That FC 303 is a beautiful and great quality watch.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes that FC 303 is a great looking piece. Here's a couple I've found so far. I like both however I'm leaning toward a less is more approach. Opinions?

Also, I've never heard of Teno. Are they any good?

Attachments

·
Registered
6,061 Posts
Yes that FC 303 is a great looking piece. Here's a couple I've found so far. I like both however I'm leaning toward a less is more approach. Opinions?

Also, I've never heard of Teno. Are they any good?
If less is more, I'm not sure the CW Chrono fits that bill...........I don't know much about Teno, but I'm sure someone else who does will pipe in. I recommend the FC because we have two in our household and they're just great watches at great prices.

·
Registered
20,990 Posts
Seiko SARB071. 38 or 39mm, about $400. Done.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts