WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are some pictures a seller sent me, I already asked for detailed and clearer macro pictures of the dial face and the back of the watch. Here is what I have so far:

He said he has all the extra links, packaging, booklets, and even a receipt.
I would appreciate any help from more experienced members, or current tag owners. This would be my first tag, and I would really like to avoid jewelers retail. Mainly I have been a $300-$500 dollar watch man... and now I want to step into something a bit nicer.

Another note, is I will probably pick up the watch myself, so I will see it before I buy it. I am planning on bringing a jewelers triplet 10X loupe, so I can inspect the dial face, etc. Any tips at all? Thanks again for any feedback or help!:thanks

·
Registered
18,166 Posts
Open the back and look at the movement. If it is Asian, it is a fake. Make sure the bracelet has solid links.

Others may know more.

Welcome to WUS!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the welcome... is it easy to open the back of the watch without scratching it... I might have to do this in a parking lot, etc. I'm meeting this guy from craigslist. I know about the markings on the face and what to look for as a general guide, but I like the idea of opening it up. Just need to know what tools to use and how hard it is. Any tips would help... thanks again.

·
Registered
18,166 Posts
Thanks for the welcome... is it easy to open the back of the watch without scratching it... I might have to do this in a parking lot, etc. I'm meeting this guy from craigslist. I know about the markings on the face and what to look for as a general guide, but I like the idea of opening it up. Just need to know what tools to use and how hard it is. Any tips would help... thanks again.
Here are some detailed tips... It may be beyond 'first time in parking lot' unless you are mechanically adept. I would meet at a jeweler who you pay to do it for you... shouldn't cost too much.

·
Registered
302 Posts
This would be my first tag, and I would really like to avoid jewelers retail. Mainly I have been a $300-$500 dollar watch man... and now I want to step into something a bit nicer.
Considering this retails for only $900 brand new, you shouldn't been looking at much more than what you've been spending on your other watches for a pre-owned one. :-!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
yea... the guy originally wanted $495, and I already chewed him down to $345... but I'd rather get it for around $300. To me, if its authentic, that would be a spectacular deal. I guess I need to start looking for jewelers in the area to see if I can stop by their shop with the guy... he mentioned in the listing that meeting at a jewelers would be fine, so I feel like he is pretty up front, etc. I am still waiting to see the detailed photos.

**EDIT** - oh and BTW, thanks for the link to the tools webpage... I really never knew how they were opened. That website rocks... it really gave me some good insight. I do believe I would rather save the money for the tools and spend it on a professional jeweler who can just look at it for me, but for future use... thanks!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts