WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Who do you recommend to refinish a Sinn156? Have a couple of scratches/scuffs that I am thinking of getting repaired.

Thanks for you help...

Comments from anyone who has actually had a Sinn refinished would be great.

Charles

·
Registered
11,273 Posts
Hello,

Who do you recommend to refinish a Sinn156? Have a couple of scratches/scuffs that I am thinking of getting repaired.

Thanks for you help...

Comments from anyone who has actually had a Sinn refinished would be great.

Charles
Where are you located, Charles?

·
Registered
11,273 Posts
Jack at IWW is the obvious choice then, but as your watch will have to cross borders anyway, you might also consider Bry at http://www.satintime.co.uk/, and I think Duarte in the US does work in this field, too (does Duarte have a website?).

·
Registered
13,419 Posts
Duarte: http://mysite.verizon.net/dmendonc/northeastwatchworks/index.html

Also, a friend recently had a great job done on his 156 by Herr Sinn at his shop in Frankfurt.
DW

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you guys for your responses. I am having the watch sent to IWW to have the case refinished.

The link for Duarte was very interesting, I didn't realize that you could have a watch two-tone bead blasted.

My concern is that the tone of the watch's original finish is changed. Jack mentioned that he has refinished Sinn watches before and actually has previously had a Sinn156. I will post pics here when it is done.

Thanks

Charles

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Charles,

Jack should have no problem refinishing the Sinn to factory spec. I've just refinished a Sinn Ezm2 which has the same finish, you can either sandblast to get the correct finish or use a mix grit. Sandblastnig is banned in the UK, so I used a special mixed grit mix.

Look forward to the results.

Regs

Bry

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Martin Silica is a Carciogen,

Use of silica in sandblasting continues to be allowed in North America, while it was banned in the UK in 1949 and in Europe in 1955.

Regs

Bry

1 - 14 of 14 Posts