WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My collection has evolved especially in the last couple of years. So here I am now with 6 watches. I know not a massive amount but one has to start somewhere.
In order of purchase:

Oris Rectangular Moonphase Complication
Tissot PRS516 Chrono
Steinhart Triton 30ATM Dual Time
Laco Type A flieger handwinding (model Frankfurt)
Alpina Startimer Manufacture LE (horlogerie suisse edition)
Christopher Ward MKII Jump Hour LE

I have put pics to help set the stage :-!
(most pics borrowed too lazy to compile my own)

Oris:

oris.png
Tissot

tissot-prs-516.jpg

Stein

STEINHART TRITON 30ATM Dual Time 01.jpg

Laco

laco.jpg

Alpina

aplina-watch-limited-edition-3.jpg

and finally the CW

AD20130516738891-2-Christopher_War.jpg

so now the question.
what to get next? I could stop but my Doctor says it would be a mistake to do so. Looking to stay under 1500 bucks.
I do like the Dievas a lot (Panerai style that I cannot afford, the Panerai that is).
Would rather aim for something casual enough I can wear daily without having to dress up in a suit (not that I would anyway).:think:

dievas.jpg

I really also like the Baume et Mercier Clifton GMT a tad dressier but a tad pricier.

BAUME-ET-MERCIER-CLIFTON-10111-SOLDAT.jpg

or may be the Tourby vintage pilot

3+vintage+135.jpg

HELP please
suggestions welcomed.

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
That is a great collection. I would not go for the Tourby as you have that style covered with the Laco and Alpina. Probably look for a white dial watch if it were me, most likely a diver type.

·
Premium Member
14,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That is a great collection. I would not go for the Tourby as you have that style covered with the Laco and Alpina. Probably look for a white dial watch if it were me, most likely a diver type.

white dial any pointers ?

·
Registered
28,501 Posts
What about a preowned Sinn U1? The Tourby would not make much sense since you have the Laco and the Alpina. You could always sell the Laco and the Alpina and make a play for a preowned IWC Mark Flieger...

·
Registered
9,538 Posts
For Pam style,you can check magrette as well,personally I like the regattare model

That B&M kinda reminds me of Seiko alpinist

I think you can get both magrette (unless you go for the engraved pieces) and alpinist for around $1K

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
Out of the 3 the B&M hands down ... nice collection btw.
For me too ... I like the Clifton quite a lot. But (and there is a "but") the movement isn't a real GMT, by which I mean an independent 12-hour hand à la Rolex, Omega, etc., but has the less desirable ETA 2893-2 movement which cannot quickly flip local time to a new time zone. It's also, at $3K list, considerably over your budget.

I will admit to a guilty fascination with the Radiomir knockoff Dievas with with that California dial. Why do I like a California dial? I don't know, but I do find it quite appealing ... if the "homage" issue doesn't bother you ... it's pretty sharp. But I have some difficulty with the idea of wearing a watch that passers-by may take to be something else.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Of the three you've chosen, I'd pick the B&M as well. I recently got a Tourby Marine Silver hand wind which I really love. A marine
observer type watch would add to your collection and still be rather "vintage."

·
Premium Member
14,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
For me too ... I like the Clifton quite a lot. But (and there is a "but") the movement isn't a real GMT, by which I mean an independent 12-hour hand à la Rolex, Omega, etc., but has the less desirable ETA 2893-2 movement which cannot quickly flip local time to a new time zone. It's also, at $3K list, considerably over your budget.

I will admit to a guilty fascination with the Radiomir knockoff Dievas with with that California dial. Why do I like a California dial? I don't know, but I do find it quite appealing ... if the "homage" issue doesn't bother you ... it's pretty sharp. But I have some difficulty with the idea of wearing a watch that passers-by may take to be something else.
Thanks for all the input everyone. much appreciated.
For some reason I like GMTs a lot and use the function a lot. I am not sure I could however get myself to pay 3k list for a B&M with as you point out the 2893-2 you can get in a Stein for well 1/6th of the price. Sure not the same type of watch but the price diff would make me cringe.
I do like the Sinn but here is what I am eyeballing as well, the Stowa GMT with ETA A07.171 Valgranges

STOWA_GMT_rot_Shopbild_800.jpg

btw I am the same with the Cali style dial, I probably would not care as to what people think being a homage rather than the real deal, but the real deal is not worth a divorce :-d so I will stick with the homage if I end up getting it but boy do I now like the Stowa.

But again the stowa marine chrono (GTUCK thanks btw for the hint towards marine type watches) is pretty darn nice too.

Marine_Chrono_10.jpg

I need serious help, way too many choices. :p

1 - 12 of 12 Posts