WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello F17, I've just purchased a 5600 which is faulty, it hasn't arrived yet, the display doesn't display properly, just wondering where to start once it arrives, if there's a specific part I should look to for damage internally other than the actual LCD itself, so areas of contact etc

Thanks in advance...

Attachments

·
Registered
563 Posts
it is not even in your hands yet, man, go out getting some fresh air and helping some old ladies crossing street

life is too short to worry about things you can't control (yet)

AND please stop yelling for HELP, instead of: suggestion,
it is not even in your hands yet

lolz

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it is not even in your hands yet, man, go out getting some fresh air and helping some old ladies crossing street

life is too short to worry about things you can't control (yet)

lolz
Weather isn't great here, any ideas about the watch though?

Thanks

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would go ahead and get a new battery so you can replace it when it arrives and do an "ac" reset after you replace the battery. That may take care of the problem.
Never thought about AC on this, dunno why as it's the first thing I do on the Casio Databanks, haven't changed a battery on any of my squares yet

Apparently it has recently had a new battery which didn't fix, they also might not have done the reset, however I have batteries already so if that works I'll just need a new band for a quick fix 👍

·
Registered
28 Posts
It looks like there's output on every part of the screen so your processor/microcontroller is probably good. I would definitely try to hunt down a replacement LCD though. Another thing is a solution which helps to remove corrosion from printed circuit boards. That might come in handy if you see rust, corrosion, etc. on the board which can also affect the display (and shorten battery life). It's a nice watch if you can get the display to be crisp

·
Premium Member
3,156 Posts
Nothing wrong with asking for help, I certainly didn't see a problem with Beefy's title, it made me stop and read it if anything.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,156 Posts
Never thought about AC on this, dunno why as it's the first thing I do on the Casio Databanks, haven't changed a battery on any of my squares yet

Apparently it has recently had a new battery which didn't fix, they also might not have done the reset, however I have batteries already so if that works I'll just need a new band for a quick fix
I got a 691 module version earlier in the year that had a mucked up display so I decided to gamble on buying it, and it worked absolutely perfectly with just removing and re-using the battery it had in it.

AC Reset worked a treat.

Yours does appear to be a faded out display though so a new battery would probably be best in your case, the one I got had really crisp digits on what the display was showing.

In regards to a new strap, if you look on eBay for a seller called Watchbatteryuk, they sell brand new 5xxxC straps. They do only sell the gold buckle version though.

But if you have any old straps for these watches you can obviously swap and use the original silver buckle. I've done that before, it adds a little character back to the watch as your still using a part it originally came with. They have their own website, but for some reason their Ebay shop seems to be a little cheaper!

Here's how mine looked pre AC Reset:

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Apparently it has recently had a new battery which didn't fix, they also might not have done the reset, however I have batteries already so if that works I'll just need a new band for a quick fix
I got a 691 module version earlier in the year that had a mucked up display so I decided to gamble on buying it, and it worked absolutely perfectly with just removing and re-using the battery it had in it.

AC Reset worked a treat.

Yours does appear to be a faded out display though so a new battery would probably be best in your case, the one I got had really crisp digits on what the display was showing.

In regards to a new strap, if you look on eBay for a seller called Watchbatteryuk, they sell brand new 5xxxC straps. They do only sell the gold buckle version though.

But if you have any old straps for these watches you can obviously swap and use the original silver buckle. I've done that before, it adds a little character back to the watch as your still using a part it originally came with. They have their own website, but for some reason their Ebay shop seems to be a little cheaper!

Here's how mine looked pre AC Reset:

Nice one Thanks, My 1545 arrived with a broken band so I still have the silver buckle from that 👍

·
Premium Member
3,156 Posts
Nice one Thanks, My 1545 arrived with a broken band so I still have the silver buckle from that 👍
Are the bands for the 5600C and modern 5600 the same width then? I know the 5xxxC lug width is 18mm and modern 5600 is 16mm, but is the main band width the same on both?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Are the bands for the 5600C and modern 5600 the same width then? I know the 5xxxC lug width is 18mm and modern 5600 is 16mm, but is the main band width the same on both?

I might have to do more research, I'm not sure (hence this thread "yelling" for help 😂 )

·
Registered
684 Posts

Apparently it has recently had a new battery which didn't fix, they also might not have done the reset, however I have batteries already so if that works I'll just need a new band for a quick fix ��
Definitely do the AC reset. I recently got a DW-8200 and it worked great but for some reason, it wouldn’t scroll through the Alarms on the alarm screen. It was just stuck on :00 and none of the buttons did anything except the mode button. Everything else worked, including dive mode and the dive log. I remembered the seller had claimed they put in a new battery, so I decided to do the AC reset. Worked like a charm, everything works properly now. I’ve seen a lot of other weird stuff on watches that didn’t get an AC reset, so definitely worth a try!

·
Registered
3,868 Posts
Open the case change the battery and perform an AC reset...if that gets the LCD back to normal...change the gaskets with new ones if you dont have any for the time being just apply silicone oil with a cue tip to the gaskets closed it up and use the same procedure for the bezel apply with the cue tip silicone oil on the bezel to bring its shine back...don't attempt to remove it either it looks ready to crumble.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,156 Posts
I might have to do more research, I'm not sure (hence this thread "yelling" for help 😂 )
I should have just checked mine before asking the question!

I've had a look at two of mine and the straps are the same width at the buckle as each other so your 5600E buckle will fit a 5600C strap.

Sent from my Nokia 7.1 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,156 Posts
@BeefyMcWhatNow

I forgot to ask, what factory is the watch from and what module?

Got a pic of the screwback?

Sent from my Nokia 7.1 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,156 Posts
It's a 901, the most common of the 3 versions that I've seen
Just wondered.

The 901 H "ring back" is definitely the most common, the others don't seem to appear too much.

My silver is a 691 H "mirror back", and the gold I've got is a 901 H ring back.

I'm pretty sure that the 901 H was also made as a mirror back too?

The "grail" is finding an "A" factory model, these are pretty rare and the case is manufactured to a much higher standard than the H factory watches.

It's kind of the same with the 5200's. Mine is the more common Y factory version, but there are also some that were made in the B factory, harder to get hold of though.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts