WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys.
I'm looking to buy my first vostok.woo!
I was thinking amphibian all the way(black face, leather strap)
But now I have seen a Komandirskie I like.
So, does anyone have one of these and if so do you have a picture of it on a wrist. If not a pic, can I have opinions of how this will look on a wrist with a custom black creased leather, or brown strap in your opinion?
SOrry for the ramble, Im looking for a general discussion really on what looks good :-( to put my mind at ease!!!
:p

p.s I was originally on here to buy a g shock, but now that I have discovered russian horology I am a changed man lol:oops:
thank you

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
There is no cure for the Russian watch bug! :-d

I think either band would look great. And that stock photo that you posted is true to the actual product.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Good choice if I may say so.:-! Not many quartz fans in here, just a few. You will find alot of history with Russian watches as well.:-! Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Good choice if I may say so.:-! Not many quartz fans in here, just a few. You will find alot of history with Russian watches as well.:-! Welcome to the forum.

I was under the impression that this is a mechanical movement???
I really attracted to Russian watches for the mechanical movements!!!

At smirs it says that the movement has 17 jewels. I assumed this means its a mechanical movement.:-s

''• Movement with 17 jewels.''

·
Registered
2,465 Posts

At smirs it says that the movement has 17 jewels. I assumed this means its a mechanical movement.:-s

''&*8226; Movement with 17 jewels.''
Movement is mechanical, no worries. I think that the quartz watch he was refering to was the G-Shock (but that is digital, not quartz, right :-s).

What you read on SMIRS is correct. And just so you know, SMIRS's shipping can take a while so don't worry when your watch does not arrive in two weeks. They are very reliable and it will reach you eventually... :)

·
Registered
733 Posts

''• Movement with 17 jewels.''
Sorry bout that. I can see how that was confusing. Yes I was referring to the G-shock. What I meant was battery powered watches in general, whether it be quartz or digital.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Nice!:-!

·
Registered
367 Posts
ACK! I CAN'T STAND IT!! Now I gotta grab this one too...
Nice choice Stephan and welcome...you do know that you're now doomed, yeah?

"hi, my name is peter and I'm a vostokaholic"

HI PETER!

Get it?;-)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts