WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Hi Buddy,

the lume on the prodiver is far better and the the case is much more massive as well...have a look at the actual threads in the dive watches cornerB-)

I´d go for the Prodiver (got mine today);-)

Joern

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
No doubt the Prodiver is a great watch but I decided on the Seatime. The price difference didn't come into it. I liked the different coloured dials and bezels on the Seatime from which I could choose. I also like the crystal back on the Seatime.
Its all down to personal preference.

Best regards
Andy

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Hi Andy,

different dial colours can be have on the Prodiver as well...but the cost another 100 Euros on topB-)

Only the crystal caseback cannot be opted on the Prodiver...but I don´t know too many 1000 meter divers where a glass back is an option;-)

Joern

·
Registered
28 Posts
jerseywatchman said:
Is the extra $$ for the Pro Diver worth it, or is the Seatime nearly as much watch and hundreds less??? Thanks.
Hi there !

I've two Seatime and one PD, yap! there is a difference, PD is going a bit further i.e. feeling of robustness, durability. I didn't tried to find out, just my personal impression comparing both watchest.
Minor things like a doomed sapphire cristal vs. flat attracts me, also the thickness of cristal is different, or height of the watch, all this costs more.
This little things are good enough for me to justify the extra Euro(s). IMHO !

On the other hand I've noticed that the PD is traded more often then the Seatime. ;-) (Always looking for a bargain B-))

You can also order both watches, pay upfront, check them out and decide which one you want to return and be reimbursed for.

Quite difficult to describe the watches, you've to see/feel them in order to make your decision.

·
Registered
11,690 Posts
The extra cost of the Prodiver is definitely worth it if you are interested in the technically superior features and greater depth rating it offers. |>

That said, the Seatime is a perfectly capable dive watch in its own right and I'm perfectly satisfied with my Seatime Yellow Chronometer. B-)

One clarification: The Seatime and Prodiver share the same case diameter. The difference is in the case thickness with the Prodiver, of course, being the thicker of the two.

·
Banned
158 Posts
XTrooper said:
The extra cost of the Prodiver is definitely worth it if you are interested in the technically superior features and greater depth rating it offers. |>

That said, the Seatime is a perfectly capable dive watch in its own right and I'm perfectly satisfied with my Seatime Yellow Chronometer. B-)

One clarification: The Seatime and Prodiver share the same case diameter. The difference is in the case thickness with the Prodiver, of course, being the thicker of the two.

Was your watch a direct purchase from Stowa ?

Hence the upgraded chronometer movement , also what type of back do you have on your watch - is there anyway to distinguish
the fact you have a chronometer movement ?

R

·
0 Posts
Pureslab said:
Was your watch a direct purchase from Stowa ?

Hence the upgraded chronometer movement , also what type of back do you have on your watch - is there anyway to distinguish
the fact you have a chronometer movement ?
Pureslab, XTrooper is away on vacation, so let me interject, since I also own a Seatime yellow chronometer, identical to his.

I got mine from the Stowa website shop. I'm in the US. The yellow dial chronometer model is a package deal that includes chronometer movement, two extra bezels -- one in raw metal and one in the color of your choice -- both bracelet and rubber strap, and the exhibition sapphire crystal back. You can get any of those features optionally on a regular Seatime except the yellow dial. If you get a chronometer movement in any Stowa watch, you get the certificate with the movement's number, which is also engraved in gold on the movement itself. Browse carefully through the Stowa shop on line and take a look at the options. Be aware that any vertical list of options may run to more than one page, so scroll to the bottom and see if there are more options to view.

http://stowa.de/shop/cgi-bin/lshop.cgi?action=shopstart&wkid=11667&ls=e&nc=1156458083-11667&rubnum=&artnum=&file=&gesamt_zeilen=

Come back to this forum, with its helpful and patient members, and ask any questions you like.

There is nothing in this world like owning a Stowa. Trust me: I own two.

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thank you to all that replied!!!! You guys are great!!

What a helpful bunch here!! I have a line on a limited edition pink Seatime, so I'm planning to grab that. I really appreciate the kind help and the tremendous enthusiasm for Mr. Schauer's watches at this forum, he must be a very proud man.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts