WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to everyone, this will be my first post. Y recently inherit a Longuines and despite many google searches I can not find the especific model and design just that it was made around 1943. It could to my help some clues! please excuse my english since it´s my trird language.

Alfonso

Attachments

·
Moderator Public Forum
23,735 Posts
Hi. That's a lovely Longines that does look like a 1940's design. The long hands are attractive and I like how the seconds hand extends out past the minute hand. Unless you can find an old magazine advertisement I don't know of a way to identify the exact model. That style was very popular with brands like Damas, Grana and Revue making similar watches.

·
Registered
3,984 Posts
Back in the 40s and 50s most Longines had no specific model name. That changed with the advent of the Conquest and Flagship lines in the 50s, but then it would say on the dial. Many unnamed pieces were made well into the 60s / 70s.

You already have all information about this specific model: ref. 7117, movement nr. 6619321. The dial is possibly repainted (can't be sure) but if so, it looks like whoever did that did a nice job.

You can contact Longines via [email protected] of via their website (needs an account) https://account.longines.com/en/contact and provide them with these photos as well as the reference (7117) and the movement number.

They will then be able to tell you in which year the watch was made, where it was sold and if all the parts belong together. For further authentication you would have to actually send the watch to them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts