WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Tag Carerra, I love it but don't like the steel strap and have a replacement rubber strap that I want to fit.

I have a springbar tool and can push down the springs inside but the lugs on the watch are really tight in and won't budge.

Does anyone have any advice, should it be so hard to swap the strap!?

Cheers

·
Registered
6,781 Posts
Due to the tight tolerances, you may have to compress the springbar at both ends simultaneously to fascilitate pulling the endlink straight out.

Generally, if this is done, the link and bracelet should fall out easily.

·
Registered
665 Posts
Not with that watch, no. Might be worth trying what Dan suggested but I tend to push down one side and take the pin out of the hole, then repeat on the other side, if that makes sense?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Thanks, I'll give this a go but I'll need another spring bar tool so I can push from both sides. I'll also mask off the areas as to rule out risk of scratching. Also, if you do scatch part of the watch, is it possible to get them buffed out?

·
Registered
6,781 Posts
Thanks, I'll give this a go but I'll need another spring bar tool so I can push from both sides. I'll also mask off the areas as to rule out risk of scratching. Also, if you do scatch part of the watch, is it possible to get them buffed out?
A tiny screwdriver will work on one end as long as it will "catch" on the springbar.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts