WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, I have a Seiko 5C23 - 8019 that I recently got in rough condition from a charity auction. I'm pretty new and haven't handled a double stem movement before, and I'm struggling to remove the second stem that's opposite the day/date side. I've tried pressing down on the larger hole to the right of the stem but that hasn't seem to have done it. I also tried the smaller hole to the top right but didn't have any luck there either. Does anyone have experience with this movement and know what the trick to removing the stem might be? Or is it just stuck if one of those two holes was the right one?

Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey everyone, I have a Seiko 5C23 - 8019 that I recently got in rough condition from a charity auction. I'm pretty new and haven't handled a double stem movement before, and I'm struggling to remove the second stem that's opposite the day/date side. I've tried pressing down on the larger hole to the right of the stem but that hasn't seem to have done it. I also tried the smaller hole to the top right but didn't have any luck there either. Does anyone have experience with this movement and know what the trick to removing the stem might be? Or is it just stuck if one of those two holes was the right one?

Thanks!

View attachment 15534635

View attachment 15534636
Hello sir, I just purchased the same watch and I was wondering how to actually set the alarm function. I’ve had the stems in every position and still nothing. The watch is practically brand new and everything else works fine. Thanks in advance

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
I'm not familiar with this movement, but usually removing the stem requires a button to be pushed in. Try with a small tool or pin to press in the black button ant then pulling on the stem.

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
My thoughts are not the black item you have circled. Move left and down to the shiny stem then just to the left of it is a small dimpled item. I think it’s that which is pressed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts