WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Inputs required:
Looking for a watch that can be my daily driver as well be worn with Suits..I don't want to own multiple watches...I am an MBA student hence need a watch to attend interviews and formal business events...I already own a G-Shock, love it and will keep using it as my daily watch in foreseeable future...

Should be <$350, day/date not required, modern looking, accurate, should last a lifetime...budget is flexible...My wrist is 6 3/4" hence ideal size would be 38-40mm..
I bought a SNKL23 and returned it as I didn't like the 18mm strap size and the overall fit of the watch on my wrist.

I don't like spending too much time on maintaining/adjusting my watch. I want a no-frills watch..I am absolutely open to Solar/Quartz/GPS watches. I also don't like leather straps. I prefer metal bracelets.

Watches under consideration:
SARB033: I like it overall but I find it too formal for my taste.
Orient Ray 2 Blue/Black: Gr8 watch, fits my budget well but not a strong brand and isn't very versatile.
Bambino: I feel buying a Orient won't satisfy me. Its not that huge a brand, yet. I love Japanese watches, looking for Seiko or a well-known Japanese manufacturer
Seiko SNE215: Not the most famous of watches but I somehow like it. It's 38mm, solar, looks amazing and is available for 100 bucks on eBay. It's also a Seiko and fulfils all my requirements. Though it's not as famous a watch as SARB or Ray or Bambino...I also tried it at a Macy's and loved it...Also lightweight and quite dressy
Seiko Divers: As soon as think of putting 300+ on SARB than I feel why not perpex in another 100-200... Mid range Seiko divers are just gorgeous...
Invicta? : I am also thinking if Invicta Diver pro will be a good fit?

I already own a Gshock

AWGM100B-1ACR and that will remain by main watch for coming times...But I can't wear it with suits...

·
Registered
135 Posts
I'd say Tissot Visodate, or any seiko you like! If you want a real no fuss no muss watch, look at Citizen Ecodrive! I had the Night Hawk. It was a great watch!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
121 Posts
Hamilton Khaki 38mm on a metal band. Hamilton watches use ETA movements, which are known to last and are easier/cheaper to maintain or repair.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,955 Posts
Someone will come in here to suggest a Casio Oceanus OCW-S100-1AJF. Probably a bit outside your budget, but I think I've seen some around $400 on the preowned market.

Seiko also has some offering with solar/atomic like the SAGZ083.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Someone will come in here to suggest a Casio Oceanus OCW-S100-1AJF. Probably a bit outside your budget, but I think I've seen some around $400 on the preowned market.

Seiko also has some offering with solar/atomic like the SAGZ083.

I second the Oceanus. It's absolutely no muss, no fuss. Never have to worry about setting it once you've done so. Super accurate as it's radio synced. Very attractive with the blue sapphire crystal and accents on the dial. Most people hate the integrated bracelet but if you're wearing it on a bracelet anyway, this won't phase you. It's also titanium so it is lightweight.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I do love this model of Oceanus but the problem is 1) its above my $300-350 budget 2) I have been wearing Casios for last 6-7 years hence I need a Seiko now 3) I don't permanently live in US hence I don't get radio signals.

I think there is not much use of time sync in quartz watches. There are off by 10-15 sec/month. I can deal with that.

What do you guys think about Seiko SNE215?

I second the Oceanus. It's absolutely no muss, no fuss. Never have to worry about setting it once you've done so. Super accurate as it's radio synced. Very attractive with the blue sapphire crystal and accents on the dial. Most people hate the integrated bracelet but if you're wearing it on a bracelet anyway, this won't phase you. It's also titanium so it is lightweight.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts