WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Zenith Forum Co-moderator
18,045 Posts
Patterned dials of that type were especially used in the fifties, although they are not by any means exclusive to that decade. The only watch that I can name offhand that used that kind of radial pattern over several decades (including in some modern watches) is the Atlantic "Worldmaster". If you google that, you can find several examples (please note that there are also unpatterned specimens around).

Hartmut Richter

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you very much. I found Roamer and Cortebert with the same dials. I am still looking for another vintage watches. Thank you for your reply.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
I am also fond of this style of dial , or what is often known as a Sun ray or Sun burst Dial. I own one made by a very oscure company, Stratford. Has a very nice mechanism and is in immaculate shape. It was one of those amazing ebay deals, perhaps because its wopping 30 mm in diameter. I love it though. Im fond of textured dials in general. From my many ebay searches, using "vintage textured and dial" in both the listing search and the body of the listing, using an advanced search, Ive come across 100s of Sun ray dials made by just about eveybody from Bulova to Enicar..and on and on. I dont think you will have any problem finding a watch to suit you. Good Luck.

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank youparrotandpitbull...but I need to know a brand of the watch on the picture...hm

1 - 8 of 8 Posts