WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm looking to buy my boyfriend a pre-owned (since I don't have much budget) Tag Heuer carrera for his birthday this coming weekend. I have 2 two watches from different sellers I'm considering right now. One is much cheaper since the tachymetre (the part where the numbers are on the outside of the watch) is missing. Does anyone know how expensive/how hard is it to replace the tachymetre? Also, can you help me verify the authenticity of the watches? I'm really new to this so I would appreciate any help, thank you so much!

1. Link: TAG HEUER CARRERA CHRONOGRAPH AUTOMATIC | eBay
2. pictures attached but I'm waiting for more clearer pictures.

Attachments

·
Registered
690 Posts
the TAG Heuer in the images you've posted is fake.

The ebay linked one looks genuine.

hope that helps a bit.

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
If you don't have that much money now, why can't you just get him a cool Citizen or Orient, or Hamilton, etc.
Coming from you he'll appreciate it, heck my wife once gave me an Invicta and i really liked it (until it quickly broke).

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
I wouldn't go for the day date in the pictures you posted in this thread. The poor pictures, missing bezel, and big stacks of what looks like dirty clothes piled in a corner in the background should tell you enough about the owner.

I also wouldn't rush if you can't find the exact one you want. Take the time to find the right one at the right price, it's worth it. I've bought on impulse way too many times and more or less regret it each time.

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
dont buy either...

whats ur budget>? then we can start really helping.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts