WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi !

Im looking around to to find inspiration to expand my modest collection with a (another) nice diver. Looking for something dressy/nice (Not "tool" like). Budget would be under 700,- usd. Since i have a tiny wrist (6,5 inch), it can not be to big. Want something automatic, date only, no day. Blue this time, have a black SKX031, Speedmaster.

Looked brifley at the Sumo, but afraid it is to big for me wrist. Will be in US later this spring, os if available from a US dealer would be convinent.

Appreciate any suggestions. As mentioned I'm looking for a diver, but would consider other sporty looking watches.

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
Spork! Though if the Sumo was too big for you, this might be.

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
White dial samurai would be my vote. And in fact it filled the same needs for me when I purchased it. Very classy IMO. Also I would recommend the White dial stargate. There is another string about it going on now, "pics of my white stargate".

Here's my white sammy (I have a Black dial stargate w/ red min hand and crown)

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
Hmmm, blue you say?
My vote would have been for the white Samurai too (Zaskar is a person of refined taste). Since you say blue maybe a blue titanium Sammie. Since the Samurais are discontinued you may have to search a while.

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
Citizen NY0040 with the blue dial. Pick the leather strap of your choice. Although, I do not know of any with date only....

or a blue Mako:

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi !

Thanks for the suggestions people. Forgot about the Orient, good to be reminded on that one. It's a good looking piece. To have more choices it loks like i have to accecpt the "day". I probably have to re-consider the Sumo and consider the size once more.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
I also find the Seiko white samurai a dressy diver.

How about the Orient sub? though it's only rated at 100m ;-)

·
Banned
5,850 Posts
If you are willing to accept a solar charged quartz, you should consider the newly released diver model from the Citizen Signature series. I can't think of a better dress diver right now. There is a blue model as well which is my favorite too.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Many good suggestions :) Like the Orient sub's, but concerned about the QA issues which is mentoned in the blog. Could someone shed some ligth about the Orient movement ? Understand that they make good "in house" movement..

(I'll try my luck at the Orient forum also)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.