WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just brought a Breitling with box and booklet on ebay. The watch looks good in all angle. The back is engraved just like the one I saw in the store. The only thing that bugs me is the serial number. At the back of the watch under the model number "A13050.1" is "8937". I thought this is where the serial number supposed to be. On the booklet, the punch out serial number is "13103736XX" (I X-out the last two digit because I don't know if it in violation of the forum to post serial number), the rest of the page is blank.

I need your expert advise so I can decide if I should keep or try to return. Thanks in advance for your help.

·
Breitling Forum Moderator
9,045 Posts
Hello,

Posting serial numbers is not an issue on our forum. As you stated, '8937' is the watches serial number. It was not unusual to have four digit serial numbers in the early days of the reborn company. The punched number you detailed is not a serial number as such from what I can recall. Usually they are hand written in to the sales/warranty booklet by the AD at the time of sale. I stand to be corrected but this is my distinct impression of the documentation of 80's Breitlings. I trust this is of some help.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi SnapIT,
Thanks you very much for the prompt reply. Since the booklet is blank except the punch number that is why I thought that was the serial number. The complete number is "1310373628". Is there anyway to look this up or have to go to AD for them to authentice.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts