WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

Vendor
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello everybody,
echo/neutra needs your help!

I am here to introduce you a new version of the Averau, our first model, in the new 39mm size.
We are in the designing phase, so we can further revise some points if you help us with your comments.

The main differences are the following:
  • the new case size of 39mm;
  • light brushed finishing of the case (instead of the deep finishing of the 42mm version);
  • 3Hands version and 2 complications: we need to choose two of these;
  • "less is more": reduced the text on the dial;
  • 3 different colour options (black, blue, green);
  • minutes hands pointed to improve the legibility;
  • double dome sapphire glass, not flat.
  • NATO style default strap,
  • powered by STP and Sellita movements.
These are the specs:
Height: 11mm (3hands) - 13,5mm (Moon phase and [email protected])
L2L: 46mm
Lume: Superluminova BGW9
WR: 100meters

Here below the comparison between the 3 versions:

3hands (STP movement):

Moon phase (Sellita movement):

[email protected] (Sellita movement):

And the colour variants of the 3hands:

Please give us your feedback.
Thank you.

Registered
Check out: 馃摝The Timex Social Club馃摤
Why black based hands on the blue dial? I understand that its more cost effective, but I don鈥檛 feel it melds as well as with the black and green dial. Maybe polished with the white tips? Similarly for the green dial potentially? I do like the length, style and size of the hands being used. They are very easy to read and extend exactly to the numbers in which they are designed to point too.

The 3 hander and sub seconds model would be my choice. The moon phase is nice, but the northern & Southern Hemisphere portion is weird to me.. I understand the watch is meant for international sale, but I just don鈥檛 like how it looks. I鈥檇 also be interested to see the moon phase mock up on the green and blue dial. (moon is dark grey/ black, so it really goes with the black dial, what will it look like on the blue dial?)

Besides the 39mm diameter, what are the rest of the proposed dimensions? Thickness, L2L, weight, lume type, WR rating, screw down or push pull crown etc etc?

On the date models, what color will the date wheel be? On the black dial it matches, which I feel is really great, but on the blue and green is it going to also be black, or white? How will that look?

Any other options for straps/bracelets to be reviewed/released?

Best of luck with your new release, hope to see more updates. Sorry if I am difficult and if you are not that far along in the design process.

Subscribed to this thread.

Registered
You鈥檝e ventured into dangerous waters here asking us lot.
Why doesn鈥檛 everyone agree to be respectful, as well as constructive and supportive?
A brand is asking for a group of watch enthusiasts to provide input on their next release. Why wouldn鈥檛 we take advantage of this to give constructive criticism and help the manufacture produce a watch we all would like to own?

Registered
A brand is asking for a group of watch enthusiasts to provide input on their next release. Why wouldn鈥檛 we take advantage of this to give constructive criticism and help the manufacture produce a watch we all would like to own?
Ever heard of "design by committee?" I think that's what the poster you quoted was bringing up. But either way, people get a little crazy...

OP, I like them all, but would remove the busy track markings between 1-10 mins. I love the date window, crown, easy-to-read hands, and the detail on the second hand.

Registered
Very cool. I have no helpful advice besides echoing what Miggy said about the hands on the green / blue dials 鈥 would prefer that they are the same painted color as the dial.

39mm sounds like a great size as contrast to the 42mm model.

Regarding the 鈥渄esign by committee,鈥 you can certainly ask for advice and feedback but decide not to take it!

Registered
Ever heard of "design by committee?"
I have.

It鈥檚 not design by committee. They are asking for opinions, so share them, and try to be supportive, don鈥榯 be negative, just to be negative.

Ultimately EchoNeutra gets the final say in the design, hence it鈥檚 not by committee.

Registered
I like the Moon Phase model. I think it would look good with a blue dial and the black moon phase sub-dial.

I think its important that the watch has a well designed case-back that is not plain or generic laser etched.

Registered
Honestly, I think the design is pretty good, with my only quibble being that the small seconds subdial printing may be too small / fine to execute well on the physical watch. I'm not sure you really need a moonphase option either, or maybe plan for a lower volume. I think the 3-hander and small seconds are likely to be much more popular for this style.

My issue is the usual one. No interest in 39mm watches, period, but for those who do it looks pretty attractive as is.

Reactions: echoneutra

Vendor
Discussion Starter #11
Why black based hands on the blue dial? I understand that its more cost effective, but I don鈥檛 feel it melds as well as with the black and green dial. Maybe polished with the white tips? Similarly for the green dial potentially? I do like the length, style and size of the hands being used. They are very easy to read and extend exactly to the numbers in which they are designed to point too.

The 3 hander and sub seconds model would be my choice. The moon phase is nice, but the northern & Southern Hemisphere portion is weird to me.. I understand the watch is meant for international sale, but I just don鈥檛 like how it looks. I鈥檇 also be interested to see the moon phase mock up on the green and blue dial. (moon is dark grey/ black, so it really goes with the black dial, what will it look like on the blue dial?)

Besides the 39mm diameter, what are the rest of the proposed dimensions? Thickness, L2L, weight, lume type, WR rating, screw down or push pull crown etc etc?

On the date models, what color will the date wheel be? On the black dial it matches, which I feel is really great, but on the blue and green is it going to also be black, or white? How will that look?

Any other options for straps/bracelets to be reviewed/released?

Best of luck with your new release, hope to see more updates. Sorry if I am difficult and if you are not that far along in the design process.

Subscribed to this thread.
Thanks for the feedback; this is an updated version with the coloured hands:

About the complications: the moon phase and seconds @ 6 versions will be available only in Black version (Because of the costs).A

About the straps/bracelet: we're working on different solution, here we're very open to your ideas ;)

These are the specs:

Very cool. I have no helpful advice besides echoing what Miggy said about the hands on the green/blue dials 鈥 would prefer that they are the same painted color as the dial.

39mm sounds like a great size as contrast to the 42mm model.

Regarding the 鈥渄esign by committee,鈥 you can certainly ask for advice and feedback but decide not to take it!
Thanks for the feedback!
Regarding the "design by committee": we're in the final stage of the design process and we're here to receive feedbacks and maybe some improvements. Also, we will produce only two on these and so we would like to know which are the favourites.

Vendor
Discussion Starter #12
I like the Moon Phase model. I think it would look good with a blue dial and the black moon phase sub-dial.

I think its important that the watch has a well designed case-back that is not plain or generic laser etched.
As per the 42mm model, this one will have a "see-through" case back with the custom rotor.

Registered
Thanks for the feedback; this is an updated version with the coloured hands:

View attachment 15425771

About the complications: the moon phase and seconds @ 6 versions will be available only in Black version (Because of the costs).A

About the straps/bracelet: we're working on different solution, here we're very open to your ideas ;)

These are the specs:
The dial matching colored tails on the hands look fantastic, I think moon phase only on black dial is a good idea, as is only releasing date options with black date wheels on the black dial.

Specs look good, I assume AR coating on the underside of the crystal?

As far as strap options, I like the color matching NATO strap, but I think a leather option might be nice with some contrast stitching. Say black on the black dial with white stitching, and some lighter brown on the blue and green dial, with dark brown or off white/tan stitching. Also a Cordura strap without a leather backing would be nice, something that can get wet but is a 2 piece option for those not in love with natos. Maybe offer a strap package option for a bit more $$, say it always comes with a nato, but for additional cost a 2nd strap of the buyers choice could be added. Similar in nature to how you have the strap options for the 1956 currently on pre-order.

Very neat watch, and thanks for allowing some outside input. What is your target final price? Special WUS discount code maybe?

Premium Member
Seiko SRPC91 Save the Ocean Turtle
I like the look of these quite a bit. :) The "segmented" second hand is really neat. The color-matched hands look better than the black; that's a nice change.

The placement of the text between the 37 and 38 minute marks bothers me, as it intrudes into the dial.

Premium Member
I agree with poster above re moonphase. The notthern and southern hemisphere dichotomy is confusing. Anyway, the phase is the same, just the orientation. So i would make it similar to the standard ones.

for the small second, i would kill the date and remove the numbers in the hour indices and offer it wth leather strap. So dressier option.

might make production and inventory problematic, but those are my views as a consumer.

Registered
for the small second, i would kill the date and remove the numbers in the hour indices and offer it wth leather strap. So dressier option.

might make production and inventory problematic, but those are my views as a consumer.
There are people who will absolutely not buy a watch with a date and others like me who will absolutely not buy a watch without.

If there's no interest in doing both date/no-date variants of both the 3-hand and small seconds, having one be a date version and one not makes all the sense in the world. It is a logistical issue to carry every single possible variant.

Also: small seconds with date are uncommon. Speaking broadly, most of the time small seconds automatics force you to give up the date function. Having both is a nice-to-have.

Registered
From Echo/Neutra Facebook:

鈥2649 MSLM the height of the Mount AVERAU.鈥

Registered
I have 6.5" wrists, so the concept of a sub 40mm watch with sub 48mm l2l is always appealing to me. IMHO, the 39 looks a little more balanced and proportional than the 42.

Curious what the radius of turndown the lugs will have when looking at in on side profile? It's always nice to have a case that curves around the wrist, if even just a visual trick of the profile of the lugs. Will the extra height of the moonphase come in the case back to help camouflage the thickness on wrist? Also, will there be an exhibition case back?

The moonphase is most appealing to me as well, mainly because it stands out in design from most other bauhaus/field watches. To help it stand out, I think maybe a polished bezel would "elevate" the watch. It could be the whole bezel, or just the bevel slope. It might help underscore the "refined tool watch" vibe this is giving without cluttering up the design language too much.

Another "refinement" that could underscore what I'm seeing here is some sort of scratch resistant coating on the steel? I'm thinking kind of along the lines of what Traska does.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts