WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

Im a newbie to this site...Looking for some advice and info,
Il get to the point ive a zenith with the numbers 20-0030-345 on the back of the watch....

Its an automatic with the day and date in the 3 oclock postition works perfectly well,
Just wondered if anyone knows anything about the watch....
I can produce a pic if required....Thanks for reading this

Rob

·
Zenith Forum Co-moderator
19,172 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Yes, a picture would certainly help. From the info you have give, we can tell you that the watch is post-1972. The Cal. 34.5 (or 345 - the last three digits of the reference number denote the movement) is one I don't know but the 34.6 is actually an ETA movement (ETA 2837) so yours is probably as well.

Hartmut Richter

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
P111111_11.24.JPG Got a picture of the front face of the watch...Couldnt get a picture of the back has it very shiny.....
But it says Gold Electro Plated Bezel and has the word surf on it

Any chance you could give me a clue how much it is worth ?

Welcome to the forum! Yes, a picture would certainly help. From the info you have give, we can tell you that the watch is post-1972. The Cal. 34.5 (or 345 - the last three digits of the reference number denote the movement) is one I don't know but the 34.6 is actually an ETA movement (ETA 2837) so yours is probably as well.

Hartmut Richter

·
Zenith Forum Co-moderator
19,172 Posts
Although I am not absolutely certain, I very much suspect that this watch also has an ETA Cal. 2837 based movement inside. Apart from the (Movado) Cal. 405, this was the only non-chronograph day-date movement Zenith ever used in my experience. It should be a very high beat (5Hz) calibre. It's age will be late seventies - the Cal. 34.6 was used only in 1978 according to the Zenith lists and that one won't be far off.

As for value, we don't give valuations since there are too many factors involved in order to give an accurate estimate. Our estimates would (or should) realistically fall somewhere between 10 and 1000 dollars depending on the many conditions and that would not be much use to you. Have a look around eBay or similar for gold plated Zeniths with generic movements of that age in a similar coniditon and you will get a decent average value.

Hartmut Richter

·
Registered
4,729 Posts
Hartmut, the code 345 is already in the Zenith catalog for 1974 and there it is mentioned that it has 36000 bph.
So the -345 must be the Movado 405.

Although I am not absolutely certain, I very much suspect that this watch also has an ETA Cal. 2837 based movement inside. Apart from the (Movado) Cal. 405, this was the only non-chronograph day-date movement Zenith ever used in my experience. It should be a very high beat (5Hz) calibre. It's age will be late seventies - the Cal. 34.6 was used only in 1978 according to the Zenith lists and that one won't be far off.

As for value, we don't give valuations since there are too many factors involved in order to give an accurate estimate. Our estimates would (or should) realistically fall somewhere between 10 and 1000 dollars depending on the many conditions and that would not be much use to you. Have a look around eBay or similar for gold plated Zeniths with generic movements of that age in a similar coniditon and you will get a decent average value.

Hartmut Richter

·
Registered
4,729 Posts
Have to correct myself : the fact that it has 36000 bph doesn't necessarily mean that it is the Movado movement;

the ETA 2832 also has 36000 bph and apparently was already used by Zenith around 1974 with the movement code 345.

For instance the Zenith Defy 01.0050.345, featured in the 1974 catalog, according to the catalog it has 36000 bph.
In this thread you can see that it has an ETA 2832 inside : https://www.watchuseek.com/f27/zenith-automatic-defy-cal-2832-a-483077.html

1 - 6 of 6 Posts